Page 1 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 2:54 pm

Twitter locks Kanye West’s account for anti-semitic tweet following warm Elon Musk welcome

Quote:
Elon Musk’s troubling, nascent vision for Twitter was on full display this weekend after the SpaceX and Tesla CEO strode into the center of a content moderation controversy created by Kanye West, who now goes by Ye.

West popped up on Twitter Friday night for the first time since November 2020, tweeting “Look at this Mark, How you gone kick me off instagram” with a blurry photo of himself and Meta founder Mark Zuckerberg singing karaoke. The company confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that Instagram indeed removed content from West’s account and placed restrictions on it following repeated policy violations. While West’s account was still visible on Sunday, it’s likely frozen from posting new content temporarily.

West’s recent Instagram posts are all screenshots of texts, and the post that broke Instagram’s rules appears to have been a conversation with Sean “Diddy” Combs in which he invoked anti-semitic tropes, accusing the other musician of being controlled by “the Jewish people.”

Future Twitter owner Elon Musk quickly swept in to welcome West back to the platform, in spite of the troubled artist’s very recent expressions of anti-semitism.

West appears to have interpreted Musk’s warm welcome as a green light, elaborating on his anti-semitic conspiracies in a tweet only twelve hours later. “I’m a bit sleepy tonight but when I wake up I’m going death [sic] con 3 On JEWISH PEOPLE,” West tweeted on Saturday night. “… You guys have toyed with me and tried to black ball anyone whoever opposes your agenda.”

In spite of Musk’s stamp of approval, Twitter removed the tweet, which invoked anti-Jewish stereotypes often espoused by white supremacists, and locked West’s account “due to a violation of Twitter’s policies,” a Twitter spokesperson confirmed to TechCrunch.

Just before sowing chaos on Instagram and Twitter, West stirred up controversy at Paris fashion week, debuting a new line in a pop-up warehouse show that included a shirt with the phrase “White Lives Matter.” The incident immediately pitted West again much of the fashion industry, which spoke out against him and defended Vogue Editor Gabriella Karefa-Johnson, who West attacked for criticizing his stunt as “deeply offensive, violent, and dangerous.”

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 2:56 pm

Who?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 3:48 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
Who?

The billionaire

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 3:51 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
Who?

Sounds like some white supremacist.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 6:50 pm

I can tolerate him being a jerk, and I can tolerate him being an illiterate idiot. But does he hafta be both things at the same time?

The air force high level of readiness is "def con three". Not "death con three". :lol:

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 7:08 pm

cyberdad wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Who?

The billionaire

There are many billionaires I don't care to know.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 8:24 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Who?

He is black.

But they mentioned he had "white lives matter" sign.

I don't know if he is self-hating black or what.

He also cited "Black Israelism" doctrine that says Blacks are God's chosen people instead of Jews. So that sounds like black pride rather than black self-hatred. I don't know what to make of it.

Based on ADL stats, American blacks are far more antisemitic than American Whites. So antisemitism is not a surprise. But "White Lives Matter" is.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 9:55 pm

QFT wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Who?

He is black.

I know.

QFT wrote:
But they mentioned he had "white lives matter" sign.

He also cited "Black Israelism" doctrine that says Blacks are God's chosen people instead of Jews. So that sounds like black pride rather than black self-hatred. I don't know what to make of it.

Based on ADL stats, American blacks are far more antisemitic than American Whites. So antisemitism is not a surprise. But "White Lives Matter" is.

Sounds like he's being nonconformist, not acting the way the left tells him he must.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 10:19 pm

I was just watching an H3 interview with Belle Delphine.

From what she was saying about her own publicity stunts and her urge to try them it sounds like Kanye is just amphibious as to whether he's musician or whether he's a social influencer or just a massive draw of misplaced attention for advertising revenue. TBH I really do see why him and Trump got along as well as they did. Watching either of them is like watching a version of Andy Kaufmann who just never wanted people to know when he was serious (or in their case add indulging insanity vs being on a different mission).

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 1:57 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I was just watching an H3 interview with Belle Delphine.

From what she was saying about her own publicity stunts and her urge to try them it sounds like Kanye is just amphibious as to whether he's musician or whether he's a social influencer or just a massive draw of misplaced attention for advertising revenue. TBH I really do see why him and Trump got along as well as they did. Watching either of them is like watching a version of Andy Kaufmann who just never wanted people to know when he was serious (or in their case add indulging insanity vs being on a different mission).

Kanye West is "amphibious"?

You must have him confused with Kermit the Frog. :lol:

Or maybe you meant "ambiguous".

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 3:53 am

QFT wrote:

He's one of the most successful musicians, artists and fashion designers on the planet. Given he has severe bipolar disorder that's not a bad effort. I prefer not to judge people with severe mental illness

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 4:12 am

cyberdad wrote:
QFT wrote:

He's one of the most successful musicians, artists and fashion designers on the planet. Given he has severe bipolar disorder that's not a bad effort. I prefer not to judge people with severe mental illness

Can you cite an actual medical diagnosis of "severe" bipolar disorder or are you relying on hearsay or just making things up?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 6:25 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
QFT wrote:

Can you cite an actual medical diagnosis of "severe" bipolar disorder or are you relying on hearsay or just making things up?

No I prefer to rely on medical professionals
https://www.medpagetoday.com/popmedicin ... osis/87581

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 8:07 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
QFT wrote:

No I prefer to rely on medical professionals
https://www.medpagetoday.com/popmedicin ... osis/87581

That's asking me to log in or register to continue reading. Did you just grab headline that sounded good without actually reading the article? Like you've done countless times before?

Before asking the question, I looked up the answer. Which is, Kanye West has never been formally diagnosed with severe bipolar disorder.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 8:28 am

Kanye West just likes to do things in order to gain publicity.

He's not the nicest person in the world.

Even if he fell in love with Biden, I wouldn't care for Kanye West's public persona

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 12:44 pm

I see a great deal of morbid Narcissistic Personality Disorder in his statements and behavior.