Page 6 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 3:41 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
I have often condemned on these pages the over use of the “Nazi” label because I feel it cheapens the accusation against people like Kenye who are actual Nazis.

Hmmmm but is Kanye really a Nazi?

If your pet parrot squawked "Heil Hitler" and "Zeig Heil" would you call him a nazi parrot?

I would assume my parrot would not understand what is being parroted, nor would the parrot parrot Hitlers anti Jewish talking points.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 28 Oct 2022, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 8:56 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Sound like he might have done some light reading. Mein Kampf is only meant to be read with a critical eye, it's not for weak, gullible minds for sure.

Oh do tell....

Really? I guess I'll have to.

I'm mildly curious. AFAIK it's not banned here.

I've never quite considered it worth reading but I'm curious to see any redeemable stuff Mein Fuhrer might have written in prison.

It is a strange book, does give you some insight into hitler....but yeah idk in my experience of reading it seemed he was quite gullible and naive but he created something terrible but he was sucked into ideology that led him that way. not to justify anything but all his ideas where not his own, there was already a lot of jew hate and he simply tried to capitalize on it. there is redeemable stuff early on, but then you can see he falls way into it to the point of doing what he did. LIke one of the worst nazis was Heinrich himmler he was actually the mastermind behind the holocaust if I recall. Hitler was bad for sure but heinrich himmler was willing to do anything to stay ahead and probably encouraged hitler towards the genocide.

My understanding is that both Mein Kampf and the Turner Diaries (written by David Pierce) are the two most popular articles of reading for initiates of far-right groups in the US and in Europe, They both espouse the same 3 things,
Whites are in danger of being replaced (sound familiar)
There will be a race war
'Pure whites will eventually win (and god is on their side)

It's not really that complicated

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 9:02 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
If your pet parrot squawked "Heil Hitler" and "Zeig Heil" would you call him a nazi parrot?
I would assume my parrot would not understand what is being parroted, nor would the parrot parrot Hitlers anti Jewish talking points.

Kanye West is not taking his meds so his manic episodes are being expressed unchecked. I talked with an associate who is a psychiatrist and he thinks Kanye is deliberately trying to self-harm in one long manic episode and is on a slow path to suicide if he isn't medicated and put into a psychiatric hospital.

Calling Kanye a nazi is not different to calling the parrot a nazi.
It's like calling a homeless person with schizophrenia who shouts math equations at people "professor"

The label is meaningless in this context.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 9:50 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Kanye West is not taking his meds so his manic episodes are being expressed unchecked. I talked with an associate who is a psychiatrist and he thinks Kanye is deliberately trying to self-harm in one long manic episode and is on a slow path to suicide if he isn't medicated and put into a psychiatric hospital.

Calling Kanye a nazi is not different to calling the parrot a nazi.
It's like calling a homeless person with schizophrenia who shouts math equations at people "professor"

The label is meaningless in this context.

Rant:
A smirk and you just know a teenager is a white supremacist, A picture of a fan heckling an opposing teams player and you just know she is yelling racial slurs. Kanye uses every anti-Jewish trope in the book, is reported to have admired the Nazis and wanted to name his album Hitler and, there is nothing to see, it's just his mental illness talking, nothing to see, move on.
End Rant:

I agree he is in the midst of a manic episode and it seems he is too powerful to be committed to the psych ward. That said I do not think it is his mental illness talking but his mental illness bringing to the fore the real Kanye. That stuff reported about his wanting to name his movie and admiration of the Nazis occurred before this manic episode.

People can be both mentally ill and bigots. The person who tried to assassinate Nancy Pelosi today comes to mind.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 10:02 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kanye uses every anti-Jewish trope in the book, is reported to have admired the Nazis and wanted to name his album Hitler

That stuff reported about his wanting to name his movie and admiration of the Nazis occurred before this manic episode..

There is an argument that he could not possibly have made the billions and be mentally ill. But despite (or because of?) his mental illness he is a very creative individual. However his success has come from partnerships he has made where the investment partner provides the infrastructure/risk.

With labels dropping him his one attempt at investing in his own line of clothing/shoes has now put him $53m in debt. I do wonder since he has a history of being anti-black, anti-semitic and pro-Hitler why a German company like Adidas would go into partnership with him?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 10:24 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kanye uses every anti-Jewish trope in the book, is reported to have admired the Nazis and wanted to name his album Hitler

That stuff reported about his wanting to name his movie and admiration of the Nazis occurred before this manic episode..

I do wonder since he has a history of being anti-black, anti-semitic and pro-Hitler why a German company like Adidas would go into partnership with him?

No brainer, his music was selling big time.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 10:37 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

So how can he be a jerk and still be so popular?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 10:43 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

So how can he be a jerk and still be so popular?

Ask Donald Trump :D

Kanye's music is praised by fans and critics alike

It is expected that creative people are going to be "eccentric" "weird", and "jerks" etc. People either tolerate it or like them for it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 10:50 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

It is expected that creative people are going to be "eccentric" "weird", and "jerks" etc. People either tolerate it or like them for it.

Trump is the opposite of creative but 75 million people support him despite the fact he's a jerk. Again we underestimate the right wing. The use of Psy ops through social media during this time and the rise of the MAGA cult and QAnon can't be a coincidence.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 11:01 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Trump is the opposite of creative but 75 million people support him despite the fact he's a jerk. Again we underestimate the right wing. The use of Psy ops through social media during this time and the rise of the MAGA cult and QAnon can't be a coincidence.

Conspiracy theorist :lol:

Psy ops do not work unless there is something to exploit.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 5:30 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Psy ops do not work unless there is something to exploit.

https://theintercept.com/2021/06/27/qan ... -soldiers/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 5:36 pm

Ye paid a settlement to former employee who alleged he praised Hitler and Nazis during meetings, documents show

Quote:
Ye, the artist previously known as Kanye West, paid a settlement to a former employee who alleged that he had used antisemitic language in the workplace, according to documents reviewed by NBC News.

In addition, six people who have worked with Ye or witnessed him in professional settings over the past five years said they had heard him praise Adolf Hitler or mention conspiracy theories about Jewish people. Three of them are former employees or collaborators, and they said they recalled multiple instances of Ye’s using antisemitic language. The three other people said they recalled a 2018 incident in which Ye went on an antisemitic tirade in an interview at TMZ’s offices.

Their accounts, as well as the settlement, suggest that Ye has used such language for years in more instances than previously known to the public, well before his recent antisemitic comments online and in interviews came to light, resulting in his losing a wave of business deals.

Ryder Ripps, a conceptual artist who worked with Ye on and off from 2014 to 2018, said he recalled multiple times when Ye spoke positively about Hitler and the Nazis or mentioned anti-Jewish conspiracies during meetings in the summer and fall of 2018. Ripps, who is Jewish, said he pushed back against Ye’s comments at the time but thought they “didn’t seem that dangerous.” After Ye’s most recent wave of statements, however, Ripps said he sees things differently. “This is dangerous and disgusting and actually violent,” he said.

In the settlement reviewed by NBC News, Ye paid a former employee who alleged having witnessed more than one incident in which Ye praised Hitler or Nazis in business meetings. Ye denied the claims made by the former employee in the agreement.

The former employee spoke on the condition of anonymity, having signed a nondisclosure agreement. NBC News, which is withholding certain details about the settlement to protect the person’s anonymity, reviewed the settlement, along with other correspondence and proof of the payment the former employee said they had received.

Representatives for Ye did not respond to requests for comment.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 7:03 pm

Kanye West praises Hitler, calls himself a Nazi in unhinged interview

Quote:
Rapper Kanye West praised Adolf Hitler and said people should not criticize Nazis in an interview with far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones on Thursday, sparking a fresh round of condemnations of the antisemitic rapper who recently dined with former US president Donald Trump.

“I see good things about Hitler,” West, who also goes by Ye, told Jones during the bizarre appearance on the Infowars Network, alongside Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes. “Every human being has value that they brought to the table, especially Hitler.”

“I like Hitler,” he added later, and called himself a Nazi.

The interview with West, whose face was concealed under a black ski mask, also included antisemitic comments from Jones, who referred to a “Jewish mafia,” and Fuentes, an outspoken white supremacist who has been called West’s “campaign manager.”

Jones, a serial provocateur who has been ordered to pay hundreds of millions of dollars in damages for claiming one of America’s deadliest school shootings was a “hoax,” tried to push back against West’s praise for Hitler and Nazis, saying that “the Nazis were thugs and did really bad things.”

“They did good things too,” West said. “We’ve got to stop dissing the Nazis all the time.”

West also took aim at Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu, set to retake power in Israeli in the coming weeks, claiming the politician was trying to take the rapper’s family away.

“We have to control the history books, we have to control the banks and we have to go and kill people,” West said while doing an impression of Netanyahu and holding a net meant to represent the former premier.

The rapper was also condemned by others, including the Republican Jewish Coalition, which called the interview “a horrific cesspool of dangerous, bigoted Jew hatred.”

“Given his praise of Hitler, it can’t be overstated that Kanye West is a vile, repellent bigot who has targeted the Jewish community with threats and Nazi-style defamation,” it said.

Also quick to weigh in was Jewish Democratic Council of America CEO Halie Soifer who said, “As long as Donald Trump continues to embrace Hitler-sympathizer Kanye West, organizations that claim to support the safety and security of the Jewish people must explicitly disavow and condemn Donald Trump.”

Israel’s Ambassador to the US Mike Herzog said he was “sickened” by the Infowars interview. “At a time when antisemitism is on the rise, it is alarming that such vile rhetoric is given a platform and legitimized.

Herzog said West, Fuentes and Jones “engaged in hateful incitement, which could lead to violence and the death of Jews in horrifying incidents.”

“Free speech does not extend to incitement of violence and demonization of the Jewish community, which faces the highest levels of religious-based violence in the United States,” he added.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 7:16 pm

There have been African, Indian and South American despotic leaders who intoxicated by their narcissism and power have spouted similar things about admiring Hitler. I think some of the things expressed by members of the Jewish community are little hyperbolic.

I do, however, agree with the Jewish community that where Ye is being problematic is that he might instigate somebody to tip over the edge and commit some form of anti-semitic attack (the republicans have been notorious for doing this too against democrats). But who?

99.99% of anti-semites are not coincidentally anti-black. I am fairly confident that the number of white supremacists who takes Ye seriously is = 0.

There may, however be individuals who are black hebrews or QAnon type conpsiracists who might be sucked in by Ye's psychotic garbage.

My solution is simple, commit Ye into involuntary admission to a psychiatric ward and force him to take his medication. As soon as he admits he's over his psychotic episodes then let him re-enter normal society.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

02 Dec 2022, 4:04 am

He's too much, apparently, even for Musk.
Kanye West suspended from Twitter after posting swastika inside the Star of David