Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 2:19 pm

NT People living their lives as Caricatures of Humans of varying types , it seems sometimes people actually act and dress as a Caricatures of Human and how they perceive, that they should act or appear . Regardless of what kind of person they think they are dealing with . Most often this is not consistent with how decent living persons might
Interact with people at large.? I would think ?. And often I wonder why these people do not seem to be able to act or think for themselves . But rather as Societal programming seems to dictate to them ,how they should be ……..?

Does this seem like a overly naive Point of view or a Conclusion based of many years of forcibly interacting with these types .?

( It just appears that I always seem to be dealing with these Caricatures of Humans). :mrgreen:
See below examples :
Often cops want to appear as bullies themselves or a Pastor at a progressive Church Hamming it up and exaggerating
All her movements and facial expressions for congregation and Facebook audience.
Or legal types almost eliminating the human factor in his proceeding with their client. Doctors ignoring the words their patients say . In favour of their own idea of a persons illness, right or wrong.. Tourists wearing silly clothes and too many cameras hanging around the necks while eating in a restaurant …etc.
[Perhaps am Just a Stranger in a Strange Land . :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 3:08 pm

Now you are aware of these traits, you can use them to your advantage. Open a camera shop where the tourists go or start a type of "Timmy Mallet" style tour?
Who knows. This time next year you could be a millionare living in Peckham or somewhere. :D

Not sure what these creatures are that you call caratcreatures or something? Don't know what that word means.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 3:17 pm

^^^Caricatures are cartoon drawings of real live people where their most recognizable facial features are either very simplified or exaggerated, and usually unflattering. For example, if someone in real life has large-ish ears, they'll be drawn to look like Dumbo's ears while their other features suck as their eyes or mouth, are drawn tiny or non-existent. Many caricature artists draw pictures of celebrities or political figures this way.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 4:41 pm

Jakki wrote:
NT People living their lives as Caricatures of Humans of varying types , it seems sometimes people actually act and dress as a Caricatures of Human and how they perceive, that they should act or appear . Regardless of what kind of person they think they are dealing with . Most often this is not consistent with how decent living persons might
Interact with people at large.? I would think ?. And often I wonder why these people do not seem to be able to act or think for themselves . But rather as Societal programming seems to dictate to them ,how they should be ……..?

Does this seem like a overly naive Point of view or a Conclusion based of many years of forcibly interacting with these types .?

( It just appears that I always seem to be dealing with these Caricatures of Humans). :mrgreen:
See below examples :
Often cops want to appear as bullies themselves or a Pastor at a progressive Church Hamming it up and exaggerating
All her movements and facial expressions for congregation and Facebook audience.
Or legal types almost eliminating the human factor in his proceeding with their client. Doctors ignoring the words their patients say . In favour of their own idea of a persons illness, right or wrong.. Tourists wearing silly clothes and too many cameras hanging around the necks while eating in a restaurant …etc.
[Perhaps am Just a Stranger in a Strange Land . :roll:

huh..? :? :?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 5:18 pm

NTs are pretending to be real Humans , maybe, and Aspie do not have to pretend …….

Aspies have to pretend to be like NTs to fit in ?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 7:51 pm

Yes, somehow I get the impression that I see what you mean, though I'm not sure. I've certainly seen a lot of people whose appearance or behaviour I'd have a hard job taking seriously if I had to. They seem to be part of a comedy show or something, stereotyping themselves so excessively that I start to wonder if I'm dreaming (my dreams often seem to be exaggerated parodies). But I've no idea whether those people are particularly NT or not. I suppose they must be because they're so ultra-"normal," but I'm not a diagnostician.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 8:53 pm

I don't think OP really knows what caricatures really are. If NTs were caricatures then I guess in real life they'd look like the puppets from that UK show Spitting Image, and in the puppet show itself they'd look "normal".

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 10:01 pm

^
It's a loose use of the word I guess, but what would be a better one?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 12:57 pm

Have found often that NT appearing like individuals . May often try to represent a caring sensitive human but very often fall very short of that appearance , when I have dealt with them . And these people seem to think that their behaviour is acceptable , in line with how they feel humans should behave , but. It seems they leave the human part out of their interactions …..? Almost like they are criminals trying to hide the results of their actions . For not being really human in their interactions with the rest of the Neuro diverse population.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 10:15 pm

i can see how many NTs seem to be unconsciously playing roles, this role and that role. some leaders, most followers. many aspie on the higher-functioning end of things tend to ape this behavior.

vividgroovy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2022, 12:01 am

I don't think all NTs are caricatures, but I have seen large numbers of locals who have clearly gone to great expense and effort to look and dress as much like caricatures/stereotypes as possible.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 6:47 pm

Humans play 'roles' in society. NTs are supposedly better at role playing than NTs. So in an odd kinda way you might be right if you're saying that NTs are all wearing different masks at different points in the day (at work, at home, etc).

Its the NTs who fail to play their role who irk me. Not the ones who do play to the hilt.

At work I wanna supervisor who takes on the role of the leader, and example setter.

Had a coworker, and potential friend at work, who was a low level supervisor. We got along fine until one day I overheard her saying something to her newby subordinates that was essentially -her boasting about herself being stupid. And the newbies all thought she was being 'cool'.

I expressed my disapproval in private to her telling her that she should give subordinates wisdom, not encourage them to be stupid by setting a bad example. Long story short it started a running debate. The debate ended one day like a year later when I asked her a simple question related to the issue. Her response was to literally break down and cry tears right in front of me.

I dunno. Its a long story.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 7:42 pm

NTs are caricatures imo, because they develop by mimicking and mirroring others. The standards are prescriptive because of benchmarks and milestones, but also intuitive to most parents who teach their children by example. Human babies learn about emotions, conduct, and self-expression by copying what's considered normal for human adults and this is reinforced our whole lives as moral, religious, and cultural governance.

ND babies don't mirror and mimick as easily. We chart our own course and quite often see the hypocrisy or futility of following a set narrative. We don't always have role models and most of us end up following our own developmental trajectory which differs from social expectation.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 8:09 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
NTs are caricatures imo, because they develop by mimicking and mirroring others. The standards are prescriptive because of benchmarks and milestones, but also intuitive to most parents who teach their children by example. Human babies learn about emotions, conduct, and self-expression by copying what's considered normal for human adults and this is reinforced our whole lives as moral, religious, and cultural governance.

ND babies don't mirror and mimick as easily. We chart our own course and quite often see the hypocrisy or futility of following a set narrative. We don't always have role models and most of us end up following our own developmental trajectory which differs from social expectation.

Your insight is much appreciated in this thread Isabella .. thank you . :D

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2022, 3:47 am

Jakki wrote:
And often I wonder why these people do not seem to be able to act or think for themselves . But rather as Societal programming seems to dictate to them ,how they should be ……..?

Most people are brainwashed in early childhood by social expectations and parents who themselves have been brainwashed by society.
NTs are the vast majority, hence the tyranny of the many continues.
"The blind leading the blind."
C'est la vie. ;)

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2022, 5:15 am

I had a roommate who was an aspiring artist. He wore dramatic looking clothing. Then he got a job driving Taxi, and he did his best impression of a Taxi driver. Unfortunately, although he may have looked like a Taxi driver, he did not look where a Taxi driver should look, and totalled his cab the first day.
These days, we meet a lot of people very briefly, so exaggerated stereotypes can help speed up the introductions. There are also a lot of people who can't think logically, and can only follow the herd. However, some NTs seem quite genuine to me. Aspies may average as more genuine, but also unique, so there are no easy shortcuts to getting to know us.