Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 9:41 am

Discriminating a person because of their skin colour is like discriminating an animal because of their fur colour. Sounds daft now, doesn't it? So are racists.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 9:46 am

waste is a terrible thing to mind.

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2023, 11:22 am

My only shower thoughts are how good the hot water feels on my body. :rabbit: And how thankful I am to have hot water.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 8:43 pm

i need to take one soon.

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2023, 8:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i need to take one soon.

a shower or a bath? :)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 12:37 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Discriminating a person because of their skin colour is like discriminating an animal because of their fur colour. Sounds daft now, doesn't it? So are racists.

Now if people would apply that same line of thinking to homophobia & transphobia we'd really make some societal progress at record pace.

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2023, 12:51 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Now if people would apply that same line of thinking to homophobia & transphobia we'd really make some societal progress at record pace.

Christians are called to love their neighbor as themselves, but to hate sin. Sometimes the world and those who are living to the flesh in the world simply cannot understand how we can love the person but hate the sin. So they call us bigots and judgmental, when we are just trying to express God's love.

That is really the height of discrimination if you think about it.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 1:25 pm

MissMary227 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Christians are called to love their neighbor as themselves, but to hate sin. Sometimes the world and those who are living to the flesh in the world simply cannot understand how we can love the person but hate the sin. So they call us bigots and judgmental, when we are just trying to express God's love.

:lol:

Yeah, because if Jesus himself popped down here and now he'd high five you for hating someone for loving someone else. :roll:

People call people like that bigots because.. they're bigots. It's beyond ridiculous to pretend that Jesus Christ would approve of such bigoted behaviour of anyone. He'd probably forgive you for your bigoted sins, though, because he's pretty cool with people realizing the error of their ways and asking for forgiveness. 8)

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2023, 1:29 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
MissMary227 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

:lol:

Yeah, because if Jesus himself popped down here and now he'd high five you for hating someone for loving someone else. :roll:

People call people like that bigots because.. they're bigots. It's beyond ridiculous to pretend that Jesus Christ would approve of such bigoted behaviour of anyone. He'd probably forgive you for your bigoted sins, though, because he's pretty cool with people realizing the error of their ways and asking for forgiveness. 8)

I love everyone. I make it an action in my life. :!:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 12:43 am

Joe90 wrote:

Many black cats and even black dogs in animal shelters don't get adopted because people are too superstitious. :(

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 8:02 pm

Birth is science.
Death is RE.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 8:58 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Birth is science.
Death is RE.

Real estate? :? That’s what it means here.

Real estate IS the death of a lot of people these days with this stupid manufactured housing crisis nonsense.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 9:05 pm

^ I think Joe means Religious Education (RE) , it's a subject taught in UK schools to develop understanding of the world's religions.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 9:27 pm

The reason shower thoughts are such is because;

One, water cleanses and soothes. That's the intent.
Two, being physically disconnected from your electronic gadgets for obvious reasons and therefore media.
Three; diffusive thinking and that showering itself is a very vulnerable position to be in.

Here's one of my own;

Since showers are not a common thing for me growing up until bidets and installable shower heads exists...

Then are those thoughts of mine back then when I do have shower thoughts yet never had physical showers before are called 'dipper thoughts'?

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 9:44 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
The reason shower thoughts are such is because;

One, water cleanses and soothes. That's the intent.
Two, being physically disconnected from your electronic gadgets for obvious reasons and therefore media.
Three; diffusive thinking and that showering itself is a very vulnerable position to be in.

Here's one of my own;

Since showers are not a common thing for me growing up until bidets and installable shower heads exists...

Then are those thoughts of mine back then when I do have shower thoughts yet never had physical showers before are called 'dipper thoughts'?

Could be rain-shower thoughts. :idea:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 9:45 pm

Recidivist wrote:
^ I think Joe means Religious Education (RE) , it's a subject taught in UK schools to develop understanding of the world's religions.

Yes, I do mean Religious Education. I wasn't sure how to Americanise it, as if I just said "religion" it might have been interpreted differently.

It's interesting though. You don't really learn about death in science, you learn more about it in RE.
But then in some religions birth can be RE.