Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2022, 9:23 pm

YES ! ! !

I'm a very successful text content creator and live off passive income.

I don't have to work. I write only when I feel like it. My days are filled with busyness. I just bought a ping pong paddle and am looking for a place to play. So many things to do! This includes meeting other autistics (I was diagnosed only this year).

I'm a very prolific writer and I believe some of this is from my autism.

Great thread topic!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 9:28 pm

Quote:
I don't have to work. I write only when I feel like it. My days are filled with busyness. I just bought a ping pong paddle and am looking for a place to play.

You are so lucky. I'm fed up with working. It's not because I'm lazy. It's because I hate dealing with other people's s**t and being a punchbag when someone is having a bad day.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 5:18 am

I didn't know that I was a content creator (never heard that description)! I have a blog about old/senior/elder folks , finding diagnosis at a late age and making adjustments in my/your life after. Diagnosis can be life changing, so many born before 1980 when autism became an actual "diagnosis" in the DSM. Millions of adults today remain un diagnosed and I know from my own late diagnosis at age 68 how important it can be to find out about autism. I also moderate/host/admin a couple of autism pages on FB.
Since learning about my autism, and knowing how much better my life has been, I have become an advocate to try to reach others who have reached the last stages of their lives and never knew or suspected they might be autistic.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Aspie With Attitude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Dec 2022, 3:08 am

I am an "AUTISTIC YOUTUBE CONTENT CREATOR", here's my latest video that you need to check out.

I had been uploading YouTube contents since the 26th May 2018 and it is highly addictive.

I also make fantasy test card animation and mix my own music.

Please follow this link to subscribe to my YouTube Channel "Aspie With Attitude" --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2iDI ... Hb4eeYlodQ

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2022, 10:17 am

Hey Aspie with Attitude,

I tried listening; was interested in the topic of daydreaming, but ... as much as I think the Australian accent is cool, yours is very pronounced and I had difficulty understanding, so I closed out. For us Westerners, have you considered including captioning?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 5:03 pm

I'm not a professional content creator, but I do have a website, if that counts.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 7:29 pm

Yes, I have created content before on a popular website. I cannot disclose which one because it would potentially give my identity away. I put some of my ideas on the site to time stamp them for proof of when I came up with those ideas. They are not well advertised on purpose, so very few people know that they exist on there.

I have published in a peer reviewed book before. The article I wrote became a whole chapter in the book. It was on a very specialized topic (spectroscopy technique), so not many people would be interested in reading it. I am getting read to submit my research for publication soon. If only I could have gotten my collaborator to quit dragging his feet, we would have been published three years ago.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 7:06 pm

I spot potential emerging trends mainly in the topics of specialty foods, environmentally friendly products/services, and the arts.

With the end of the year in sight, I'll post my trends content on 'Reddit' - within discussions of possible trends in the year 2023.

Any specific topics of interest? I'll post specific trends on these specifc topics in this discussion thread.

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2022, 7:14 pm

I own https://trulyeerie.com with articles about weird events, disappearances, etc.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 9:41 pm

^^^very interesting site you got there 8) :alien:

Shadweller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Dec 2022, 9:23 am

skibum wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
skibum wrote:
I wrote a book and I am also a content creator

Wrote a book?
Wow!
Was it published?
I haven't published it. I wanted to. I even had Dr. Tony Attwood review the manuscript for me. He and I are friends. He loved it and told me to use his words as a review and he sent me the information to his publisher. But I can't publish it because I could risk losing my disability benefits if it sells well even for just nine months. And it doesn't have to be a consecutive nine months. If I manage to make a certain amount of money per month for any nine months in my life, even not consecutive, I lose my disability benefits and I might not ever be able to get them back. It took me six years of fighting in order to get them and I had a great lawyer so I can't risk losing them. But the people who have read my manuscript, parents of Autistic people that are friends of mine, have loved it and have found it incredibly helpful in understanding their children. I have also had a couple of my Autistic friends read it as well and they were able to really relate to it. Unfortunately I can't keep sharing it for free so I haven't done anything with it. I am too concerned that publishing it could destroy me because of the risk of losing my benefits which are my sole source of income. And I can't get paid for the advocacy work that I do because no one is willing to pay me. And I can't write enough to make a living off of it. So I had to just put it away in a file drawer.

This makes me feel sad and frustrated, so I can only imagine how much more magnified this must be for you.

I really hope that some kind of solution could be found as the reception to your book seems very positive and this could help a lot of people.

If you were to get your book published, and if it were to sell, would it be possible to get the publisher to donate the royalties direct to an Autism charity or something like that? Could that be checked with social security if that would be acceptable? Could you not sign on for benefits any months your book was to sell? And then sign back on again when there is no income from the book?

It's incredibly frustrating the way you have been trapped by the system, preventing you from contributing your talents to the community.

Last edited by Shadweller on 18 Dec 2022, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadweller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Dec 2022, 9:37 am

I'm making a consecutive new post because it's completely separate from the previous. Apologies if that is bad forum etiquette.

Anyway, I would like to have a go at content creating at some point. I love writing and I believe that I can write well at times. In a sense, even posting on forums like this makes all members who write their own posts ' content creators', although I know that isn't what the term means exactly.

Maybe I could create my own blog, but I don't know how I could create any interest and attract any traffic. So it may have to be something on the likes of You Tube. As it seems relatively easy for anyone to make and post a video on there, add a few hashtags so it would show in searches. Maybe let members here (and on other forums and social medias) know and ask if anyone would like to watch.

There are a few very specific aspects of how my Autism affects me, that no one else seems to have covered. Apart from briefly touching on the subjects, not making them the central point. Or not that I've found. So that would be my niche, making the videos that I need for me, but no one else has created them yet as far as I can see.

Chief among my topics would be about being treated badly by other people when having difficulties with the way one is perceived by and treated by other people, due to difficulties caused by Autism.

I may get an audience of 0. But I would still be a content creator.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 12:03 pm

Shadweller wrote:
skibum wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
skibum wrote:
I wrote a book and I am also a content creator

Wrote a book?
Wow!
Was it published?
I haven't published it. I wanted to. I even had Dr. Tony Attwood review the manuscript for me. He and I are friends. He loved it and told me to use his words as a review and he sent me the information to his publisher. But I can't publish it because I could risk losing my disability benefits if it sells well even for just nine months. And it doesn't have to be a consecutive nine months. If I manage to make a certain amount of money per month for any nine months in my life, even not consecutive, I lose my disability benefits and I might not ever be able to get them back. It took me six years of fighting in order to get them and I had a great lawyer so I can't risk losing them. But the people who have read my manuscript, parents of Autistic people that are friends of mine, have loved it and have found it incredibly helpful in understanding their children. I have also had a couple of my Autistic friends read it as well and they were able to really relate to it. Unfortunately I can't keep sharing it for free so I haven't done anything with it. I am too concerned that publishing it could destroy me because of the risk of losing my benefits which are my sole source of income. And I can't get paid for the advocacy work that I do because no one is willing to pay me. And I can't write enough to make a living off of it. So I had to just put it away in a file drawer.

This makes me feel sad and frustrated, so I can only imagine how much more magnified this must be for you.

I really hope that some kind of solution could be found as the reception to your book seems very positive and this could help a lot of people.

If you were to get your book published, and if it were to sell, would it be possible to get the publisher to donate the royalties direct to an Autism charity or something like that? Could that be checked with social security if that would be acceptable? Could you not sign on for benefits any months your book was to sell? And then sign back on again when there is no income from the book?

It's incredibly frustrating the way you have been trapped by the system, preventing you from contributing your talents to the community.
Thank you so much. Yes, it is extremely frustrating. Unfortunately, I would never donate my work to any Autism charities. I work extremely hard to produce any content that I produce, and I cannot tell you how the majority of Autism charities that I have contacted have rejected me and treated me badly. I was even kicked out of my local ASAN group because I challenged the leader of the group on how he was treating the people he was reaching out to. And I cannot tell you how many times I have been told that I should not be paid for the advocacy and educational work that I do. And I get told this by Autistic groups all the time. Or the groups that are willing to pay, will only pay you a stupid pitiful amount. One group said they are willing to pay disabled people $25 to do workshops for them and that is all they are allowed to receive. They expect me to just give my services and talents away for free. But they agree to pay nts all kinds of money to teach about Autism.

Even when I have done official workshops for groups like Easter Seals and I have trained their staff on Autism and how to help their Autistic clients, I got told both times that they cannot justify paying me. They literally said that if I were Temple Grandin, they could pay me but because I am not her, I should never expect payment for my Autism workshops and advocacy work. And I believe that anyone who writes and publishes a book has the right to be paid so why should I be the exception especially when I am being forced to survive $3000 a year under the federal poverty limit just because I am disabled?

And none of those Autistic charities do anything at all to help Autistic people who are like me. So many of us are struggling to no end because they refuse to provide services that we need to survive no matter how much we ask for them. They only provide help to Autistic children and to people who are considered "lower functioning." Anytime we ask for help with the things we need, we get told that our we are unreasonable to ask or to expect that we should get any help at all. They all say, "We understand that your struggles are significant and that you need help but we refuse to create programs to meet your needs. But keep giving us your money so that we can support the needs of Autistic people who are not you."

So I would never allow any proceeds from my work to go to charities. If the charities were helping me to survive, I might consider it for sure but since they reject me and people like me, I see no reason so support them with my efforts. If the money could be put into my able account, that would be the solution. I just can't find anyone who can give me the truth about how that works and it's too risky to get it wrong.

Wreck It Ralph

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 3:01 pm

^^ There are also thousands of charities that support people in need without regard to Autism, and more thousands of causes to improve the general welfare, help animals, reduce pollution, etc. Publishing to benefit one of those would help them, and not waste your work. That's a double win in my books.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2022, 3:22 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
I spot potential emerging trends mainly in the topics of specialty foods, environmentally friendly products/services, and the arts.

With the end of the year in sight, I'll post my trends content on 'Reddit' - within discussions of possible trends in the year 2023.

Any specific topics of interest? I'll post specific trends on these specifc topics in this discussion thread.

ADDENDUM: Most often, I post links - referrals to relevant articles. This consititutes what might be the more mundane types of content creation - yet content which potentialy has value.

I'm reassessing two forums specializing in emerging trend content - still uncertain at this time as to how my content would fit into these forums.

My efforts in content creation are voluntary, the challenge is locating relevant trend content within an ever more chaotic online informational environments - a process of reading between the lines to separate the signal from the noise.

As of this writing, I posted four examples of potential trends here on WP in the 'Topical Discussion Forums' - 'Art, Writing, Music' and 'Computer, Math, Science, and Technology' forums.

Aspie With Attitude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2022, 2:50 am

Elgee wrote:
Hey Aspie with Attitude,

I tried listening; was interested in the topic of daydreaming, but ... as much as I think the Australian accent is cool, yours is very pronounced and I had difficulty understanding, so I closed out. For us Westerners, have you considered including captioning?

I am surely that YouTube already does the captioning, usually this would take too long if I was to add in myself and I am too addicted to colourful fancy writing in my YouTube videos.

I also make fantasy test card animation and mix my own music.

Please follow this link to subscribe to my YouTube Channel "Aspie With Attitude" --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2iDI ... Hb4eeYlodQ