Prussian Blue Redux, or 13 year old Racist singers followup

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2007, 10:58 pm

A few years ago this thread was started and provided commentary on the a band called 'Prussian Blue', who you may recall to be teenage girls who play folk/acoustic racist ballads.

There has since been a documentary about them that appears to prove that they may not be as entirely racist as previously thought. --You can see that documentary here.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2007, 11:13 pm

They're racist. Period. Separation may not be the same as white supremacy, but it is certainly in the same set of ideologies. Apartheid is not dissimilar to what they suggest, and we all know how that turned out. It's dangerous when such ideology is allowed into popular culture, though I doubt they are popular.

On sabbatical...

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2007, 11:20 pm

Quatermass wrote:
They're racist. Period. Separation may not be the same as white supremacy, but it is certainly in the same set of ideologies. Apartheid is not dissimilar to what they suggest, and we all know how that turned out. It's dangerous when such ideology is allowed into popular culture, though I doubt they are popular.

Make up your mind only after watching all of the segments. --They may very well be racist, though it apppears as if they are only echoing the ideas put forth by parental figures.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

11 Aug 2007, 11:56 pm

Grandma rules!

According to their blog site they played in Germany on Saturday.

(google translated)

http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... uage_tools

There were links to racist sites on their blog so they are still being sucked up into that crap.

Last edited by TheMachine1 on 12 Aug 2007, 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2007, 12:14 am

Fogman wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

Make up your mind only after watching all of the segments. --They may very well be racist, though it apppears as if they are only echoing the ideas put forth by parental figures.

The singing group Prussian Blue is racist and understandibly offensive to a lot of people. On the other hand if the government were to try and ban or restrict them I would find that much more dangerous to our civil rights and freedoms.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2007, 12:15 am

Quatermass wrote:
They're racist. Period..... It's dangerous when such ideology is allowed into popular culture

Well I certainly hope you say the same thing about black gangster rappers and their racist lyrics against Whites and Jews, lest you be a blatant hypocrite :o 8) .

Anyway, I think they should be free to sing their racist tirades. Not just because I find it very, very funny, but because it's a freedom of speech thing. People should be able to hate whatever they want without the thought police stepping in and saying "STOP YOU HORRIBLE PERSON!" If you're not harassing people or physically hurting people, I don't see what the problem is.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2007, 2:17 am

Cyanide wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
They're racist. Period..... It's dangerous when such ideology is allowed into popular culture

Well I certainly hope you say the same thing about black gangster rappers and their racist lyrics against Whites and Jews, lest you be a blatant hypocrite :o 8) .

Certainly. I never liked rap anyway. And I don't like Marilyn Manson's oft offensive lyrics either. (I'm gonna make me a lot of enemies amongst music fans).

On sabbatical...

zebedee
Toucan
Toucan

12 Aug 2007, 6:10 am

I feel sorry for them , If all they have ever been fed is racist ideology then is it totally their fault? The "gangsta rap" artists deserve more critisicm because they know exactly what they are singing about and why it is stupid.

If you are going to be a hater do it because humanity is a stupid species rather than on religious or skin colour grounds.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2007, 9:38 am

TheMachine1 wrote:
Grandma rules!

I am in 100% agreement an this.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 11:53 am

This documentary was shown on British TV a few weeks ago.

It did appear to be the case that as the girls grow, they are forming their own more educated opinions, and breaking away from the values of their mother. Newer songs written by them are more concerned with boyfriends and lost love and other standard teen fare, rather than racially motivated propaganda. When questioned outside their mothers aegis, the girls seemed very concerned about how they were percieved, and were not in agreement with certain racist values. Little things like the fact the girls had thrown away their nazi-smiley t-shirts, only for it to become apparent that their mother, without their knowledge, had kept them, suggest that it is not completely clear cut. Given a broader education and a reasonable upbringing, their is no reason to believe that these twins could not become decent members of society.

What is infintely more disturbing, is the nature of their relationship with an imprisoned white supremacist. Certain comments he made about the girls being "fantasy daughters, sisters and lovers" struck me as chilling in the extreme. The fact that their mother would countenance such behaviour .. sickening. Regardless of her beliefs about white supremacy, it seems almost unbelievable that a mother would allow this relationship to continue.

On the whole, I hope that grandma succeeds in getting custody, or that the girls strike out on their own.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

13 Aug 2007, 12:08 pm

Macbeth wrote:
What is infintely more disturbing, is the nature of their relationship with an imprisoned white supremacist. Certain comments he made about the girls being "fantasy daughters, sisters and lovers" struck me as chilling in the extreme. The fact that their mother would countenance such behaviour .. sickening. Regardless of her beliefs about white supremacy, it seems almost unbelievable that a mother would allow this relationship to continue.

That man is now dead.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 12:26 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
Macbeth wrote:

That man is now dead.

Thats a massive relief. Lets hope that momma doesnt find them a new right-wing nonce to play with then.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 2:47 pm

I also saw the documentary that was referred to above. It seemed as though those girls really want to break away from the virulent grasp of their mother but can't do that yet. The one who really does have my sympathies is poor 'Dresden' - that little girl was clearly being brainwashed from day one. Let's hope they can break away and look after themselves, and that society can wipe their slate clean.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 2:53 pm

Tequila wrote:
I also saw the documentary that was referred to above. It seemed as though those girls really want to break away from the virulent grasp of their mother but can't do that yet. The one who really does have my sympathies is poor 'Dresden' - that little girl was clearly being brainwashed from day one. Let's hope they can break away and look after themselves, and that society can wipe their slate clean.

Agreed, Dresden (which is actualy quite a nice name) is adorable, and watching her mother teach her the fascist ABC was almost heartbreaking for a parent. I dread to think what other words were...