Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2022, 10:50 pm

Past two days, no work. Bored out of mind. Jogging, grocery shopping, eating, washing dishes, garbage, laundry, stretching, read book, watch youtube videos, stretch, wrote a former coworker a seven page letter, updated my website.

Trying not to waste too much cash.

I live alone. 39, no car, no spouse, no children. One part time job. About 30 hours a week. Sleep about 8 hours a day. Tired all the time. Autism, Gender Identity Disorder, clinical depression.

Usually don't feel like interacting w/anyone, esp when I feel negative emotions, which is pretty often.

Feel like already destroyed my "life".

Everything I attempt to accomplish, is like "there's a hole in the bucket, dear liza" and "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear."

No matter how much I studied, still academic dismissal.

No matter how hard I worked, still made redundant.

No matter how much I ate, still fat.

no many things come naturally

zero intrinsic talent

efficiency pretty low

surreal, dissociated

Cory changed e-mail addresses in October and didn't tell me, and I haven't been able to contact him.

E-mailed Dena on Thursday and it's Monday now and she hasn't answered. She doesn't always answer, though. She said she only checks the email once every three days. Maybe she doesn't want to be my "friend " anymore because I told her what I think about Kayla b***h

Been applying to other jobs. Instead of, or in addition to the current job.

Zero hobbies. Not good at anything. Not interested in anything. Everything is like, cost benefit analysis.

Failure after failure

surreal and dissociated

wounded and traumatized

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 7:35 am

Sorry you are having a rough time of it. Having no immediate purpose or direction can allow us to get lost in old worries and allow us to fret more than is healthy. I am sure the answers will be different for every one of us. I am wondering if it is winter where you live and if you might have Seasonal Affective Disorder? Just another form of depression. Sounds like you are actually doing a lot, way more than I do every day. Need to find a new hobby or interest to stimulate the bored part of your brain? Sending best wishes, hope you find a way out of the blahs soon!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 5:02 pm

Boredom is horrible stuff. Maybe it would help to try to remember when you last weren't bored, what you were doing then, and whether you could bring that - or something like it - back into your life.