Simps Will Ruin Dating For Everyone In 5 Years

Page 4 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 3:55 pm

"Simps" won't ruin dating. They existed since pretty much when humans existed. What will ruin dating is the cost of living going up, the individualistic mindset that society is pushing, marriage and family being pushed away increasingly, and the idea that "you can have it all".

Cost of living: recent inflation has caused pretty much everyone to get "sticker-shocked", less money means less resources also including the decrease in jobs available as well and no one has money.

individualistic mindset: People are more worried about what they "want" instead of what they "need". We want all this instant gratification and all about the "self" instead of thinking about the long-term.

Marriage/Family: Is pretty much dead at this point. Less people want to actually be married and divorce is at an all time high. Also there is really no incentive to get married anymore these days because the cost doesn't out weight the benefits. Seen too many times where there are kids playing outside and no adult in sight. Kids are raising themselves these days.

You can have it all: Probably the biggest one of all. We have been told a lie that we can have it all, family, kids, nice job, etc. etc. You can't. Every action you take has a reaction so if you devote your time into one thing the other will suffer. If you are "career-driven" then your family life will suffer, if you are "family-driven" then your career life will suffer(unless you are one of those "Power Couples" but that's like what, less than 1% of the population?).

On to what KraftieKortie said about the "singles scene". It's not like back in your day when you could go somewhere talk and hang with a bunch of people. These days you can go to a party and everyone has their head in their phones. They are either on social media, taking selfies, texting, basically instead of enjoying the moment they are stuck in their phone and missing everything. In my social skills group when we are on break, it never fails when we go on break everybody goes directly to their phones and the room goes dead silent. Kinda hard to talk to someone when they are basically glued to their phone and the WHOLE POINT of being in a social skills group is to interact with peers and help get you familiar with socializing in person. Talk about an epic fail by society at large!

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."