Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Dec 2022, 12:17 am

Been a while my friends, sorry for coming in here out of nowhere. Basically, I thought to share with you my beliefs which I dont talk to about with almost anyone else, as I am mostly alone when it comes to Messianic Judaism in my area. As you know, I live in Israel and Messianic Jews are a rare sight here.

Please go to here to read more about it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messianic_Judaism

Basically, I believe Jesus is the messiah but without the holidays related to him as they are in normal Christianity.

I was hoping if you can pplease share what you think about all this, thanks.

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 12:57 am

Noamx wrote:

I'm a Gentile Christian therefore I will have a different personal approach to doing the thing of being Christian than the people who are Jewish will and do.

With my messy health doing what it sometimes does, reading long and deep isn't a thing for me right now.

But skimming through that article and recalling what will come to memory of what I had already known,
it looks like human beings trying to apply what they can discern and understand about scripture and Christ, Yeshua, to their persons and to their lives.

After all, Scripture does say Jesus is Jewish, and says there is more yet to come in the history of the Jewish nation and people and even an eternal city of Jerusalem is yet to come.
And it says as early as Genesis 3:15 that the person who eventually ended up being named Yeshua, Jesus, will come and will eventually accomplish a thing.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 4:38 pm

Noamx wrote:
Been a while my friends, sorry for coming in here out of nowhere. Basically, I thought to share with you my beliefs which I dont talk to about with almost anyone else, as I am mostly alone when it comes to Messianic Judaism in my area. As you know, I live in Israel and Messianic Jews are a rare sight here.

Basically, I believe Jesus is the messiah but without the holidays related to him as they are in normal Christianity.

I strongly oppose messianic judaism because I have always believed that Jesus fulfilled the Mosaic Law and that the Law is not valid for Christians.I believe that if you believe that you must be circumcised for example to go to Heaven then you would have to follow all Mosaic Laws according to Paul.I believe the Apostle Paul called people in the first century church who believed in mandatory circumcision to be Judaizers.I dont believe the Jews are Gods chosen people anymore.I believe Christians are Gods chosen people not Jews.I believe that the church is the new Israel.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 7:29 am

If I'm not mistaken, there is at least one other Messianic Jew here on Wrong Planet: QFT.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 11:13 am

There WAS a high profile "Jew for Jesus" guy named "Ragtime" on this site, but he left long ago.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 9:33 am

I agree with Texas money man cos I used to try to follow some Jewish laws like Sabbath but things went badly each time.
I think because it says there is a curse for following the law in Galatians 3

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 1:11 pm

klanka wrote:
I think because it says there is a curse for following the law in Galatians 3

Hmm, just skimmed through Galatians 3 and didn't see that, but I did see verse 21,
https://biblehub.com/galatians/3-21.htm
Quote:
Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.

Oh, wait, there it is, Galatians makes a reference to Deuteronomy 27:26, https://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/27-26.htm
Quote:
‘Cursed is the one who does not confirm all the words of this law by observing them.’ “And all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’ ”

:arrow: Back to Galatians 3, note verse 19, https://biblehub.com/galatians/3-19.htm
Quote:
What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.

:arrow: "till the Seed should come"? "Seed"? What's that about :?:

Well, that is all about a thing in another book which begins with G, the book of Genesis, https://biblehub.com/genesis/3-15.htm
Quote:
And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel.”

That Seed is Jesus the Christ.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 1:32 pm

The last thing about 'seed' is the whole human race (we are ALL the seed of Adam and Eve supposedly) being locked into mutual hatred with snakes. Because the snake persuaded Eve to eat the forbidden fruit.

Nothing to do with Christ.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 1:46 pm

Apparently 'Messianic Judaism' is the worst of both worlds. You get rejected by both Jews and Christians alike.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 5:04 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Apparently 'Messianic Judaism' is the worst of both worlds. You get rejected by both Jews and Christians alike.

Lol yeah we may have been too harsh. It's just that I had bad experiences with that and wanted to warn him. Nothing against noamx as a person.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 6:46 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
The last thing about 'seed' is the whole human race (we are ALL the seed of Adam and Eve supposedly) being locked into mutual hatred with snakes. Because the snake persuaded Eve to eat the forbidden fruit.

Nothing to do with Christ.

And that 'snake' is my gal Lilith, the ultimate Misanthropic Demon-Goddess.

:heart: :twisted: :heart:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 7:40 pm

Hawt ladies posing with snakes has been a motif since ...at least the buxom goddesses of Minoan Crete, during the Bronze Age. Continues with that victorian painting you posted. And (for some reason) snakes appear out of nowhere in Taylor Swift music videos of today.

R.Crumb, the counter culture cartoonist, did a whole comic book version of the Old Testament of the Bible.

He is the only artist I am aware of who depicted the serpent (prior to the fall) as having four limbs (kinda of an upright talking lizard guy) because the Bible implies that God removed his limbs only AFTER Adam and Eve ate the fruit and got kicked out of the Garden of Eden. That stuff about how 'you will now crawl on your belly...".

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 8:17 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Hawt ladies posing with snakes has been a motif since ...at least the buxom goddesses of Minoan Crete, during the Bronze Age. Continues with that victorian painting you posted. And (for some reason) snakes appear out of nowhere in Taylor Swift music videos of today.

R.Crumb, the counter culture cartoonist, did a whole comic book version of the Old Testament of the Bible.

He is the only artist I am aware of who depicted the serpent (prior to the fall) as having four limbs (kinda of an upright talking lizard guy) because the Bible implies that God removed his limbs only AFTER Adam and Eve ate the fruit and got kicked out of the Garden of Eden. That stuff about how 'you will now crawl on your belly...".

Come to think of it, I do remember reading about how the serpent had four legs in Genesis. :)

I find it fascinating how Lilith was associated with screech owls and serpents according to the myths about her. As a demon (according to the Alphabet of Ben Sira which has been discounted as satire buf it's really the only real open source of info for the Lilith story) she could turn into a winged bird monster or transform into a snake like the one that tricked Adam and Eve into eating the forbidden fruit and thus dooming mankind.

Also I read somewhere online that people believe she still has domain over all the beasts in the wild. Who knows? Maybe she is mother nature? :)

Edit: Speaking of serpents with four legs. This is an old painting I found on Quora of Lilith as a scaley creature with four legs in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve.

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2023, 4:43 am

Noamx wrote:

Hello,

My name is miss mary :)

I can relate to messianic Judaism for sure since I knew Father God before I knew Jesus, and because I started reading and studying the bible from the beginning, not in the New Testament. I dig all the mitzvot--old and new testament--and try to adhere to them all, but I do end up eating pork at times, and am not too legalistic about anything. I do believe God had a purpose for all the law and that it is a good thing, not something to be shunned as most Christians like to do.

I used to try and follow the three main feast days, especially the Feast of Tabernacles. I would make my shelter and sleep in it which was kind of difficult because it's pretty cold here that time of year, and once I had a skunk roaming nearby which freaked me out since I was sleeping on the ground under a makeshift blanket tent lol.

Are you a practicing Christian? If so, how can your hobby be 'sex/getting laid' as it says in your bio? :?

Thank you.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 9:37 pm

In my neck of the woods, persons claiming to be "Messianic Jews" tend to be far right wing, Dominionist Christians who like to describe themselves as Jewish. We had had a Washington state representative named Matt Shea, who eventually had to resign his position when facing expulsion from the state assembly for his connection to racist, far right groups, who was the best known of this crowd. Mr. Shea is currently preaching at his local Messianic Jewish temple.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 10:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
In my neck of the woods, persons claiming to be "Messianic Jews" tend to be far right wing, Dominionist Christians who like to describe themselves as Jewish. We had had a Washington state representative named Matt Shea, who eventually had to resign his position when facing expulsion from the state assembly for his connection to racist, far right groups, who was the best known of this crowd. Mr. Shea is currently preaching at his local Messianic Jewish temple.

I ran into some people that were kind of like that near Waco,Texas.They were Christians but they wanted to incorporate the mosaic law into American law.It was a interesting few hours talking to them.Obviously they never heard of separation of church and state.They were dominionist but I dont know what sect they were affiliated with.