Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 3:30 pm

The Hill

Quote:
Allen Weisselberg, the former chief financial officer of the Trump Organization, was sentenced to five months in jail on Tuesday, after serving as a key witness in the criminal tax fraud trial against former President Trump’s business empire late last year, The Associated Press reported.

Weisselberg was promised the five-month sentence as part of a plea deal last August. The former Trump Organization executive pleaded guilty to 15 counts of tax evasion and agreed to testify against the Trump Organization in return for the shortened sentence.

He is also required to pay nearly $2 million in taxes, penalties and interest, and serve five years of probation.
The Trump Organization was found guilty of tax fraud in early December after a monthlong trial. Weisselberg’s testimony was central to the prosecution’s case, which argued that the Trump Organization engaged in a 15-year scheme to provide its top executives with luxury perks in order to evade taxes.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 3:40 pm

Another person Trump put under the bus…..

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 10:01 pm

The touch of death

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 12:30 am

This gentleman has been given a light sentence because he's agreed to testify against Trump. The Dear Leader might have thrown him under the bus, but this time I think this body will come back to bite him.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 1:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
This gentleman has been given a light sentence because he's agreed to testify against Trump. The Dear Leader might have thrown him under the bus, but this time I think this body will come back to bite him.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 2:21 am

The hyper partisanship here is just dreadful :lol:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 6:32 am

cyberdad wrote:
The hyper partisanship here is just dreadful :lol:

This comment makes no sense to me. :scratch:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 11:02 pm

Trump Organization hit with $1.6 million fine for criminal tax fraud scheme

Quote:
The Trump Organization, former President Donald Trump’s business empire, was hit with a $1.6 million fine Friday for tax fraud and other crimes committed as part of a yearslong scheme to help some of its top executives avoid paying taxes on compensation.

The Trump Corp. and The Trump Payroll Corp., two subsidiaries of the Trump Organization, were both sentenced to the maximum possible fines under New York laws. The Trump Organization has denied all wrongdoing and is planning to appeal the verdict.

The subsidiaries were found guilty last month on 17 counts, including tax fraud, falsifying business records and conspiracy, as part of what prosecutors had called a “sweeping and audacious” scheme to compensate company executives “off the books.” The verdict by a New York City jury marked the first-ever criminal convictions of Trump’s companies.

Weisselberg and Trump’s companies “conducted and benefitted from sweeping fraud for well over a decade,” Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg said in a statement after the sentence came down Friday morning.

“While corporations can’t serve jail time, this consequential conviction and sentencing serves as a reminder to corporations and executives that you cannot defraud tax authorities and get away with it. It is also an important reminder that our state law must change so that we can impose more significant penalties and sanctions on corporations that commit crimes in New York,” Bragg said.

The DA added that his office’s investigation of Trump and his businesses remains ongoing.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 11:16 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The Trump Organization, former President Donald Trump’s business empire, was hit with a $1.6 million fine Friday for tax fraud and other crimes committed as part of a yearslong scheme to help some of its top executives avoid paying taxes on compensation.

:lmao:

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 7:41 am

Two problems:

Weisselberg has not turned on Trump, the person.

1.6 million for the Trump organization is about the same as 25c for the rest of us.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 7:43 am

Yep….a slap on the wrist.

Trump must be ROTF…..

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 12:10 pm

blazingstar wrote:
Two problems:

Weisselberg has not turned on Trump, the person.

1.6 million for the Trump organization is about the same as 25c for the rest of us.

NYAG lawsuit is for Minimum $250M. trump's former fixer/lawyer, Michael Cohen, figures that sum will balloon to $750M-$1B once the courts discover the true extent of trump's fraud, that trump will lose in court, and the $ he's got to pay in that case alone will pretty much wipe out the trump corporation.

Sometimes dreams do come true! :D