Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 9:51 am

This whole argument is frankly idiotic.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 11:38 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
But... but... people have a right to defend themselves! Too bad guns don't just work for people trying to defend themselves.

This whole defend yourself with guns spiel reminds me of a man who finds a genie in a lamp. The genie says, "I can grant you one wish but whatever I give you, I will also give to your enemies".

The man says "I want to have an advantage over my enemy, therefore I wish to have deadly weapons".

And he receives deadly weapons. So do his enemies.

How is having easier access to guns an advantage when the dude you're trying to defend yourself from also gains easier access to guns?

The only winner in that conflict is Smith & Wesson.

AND their shareholders! Let's not pretend it's just a privately held mom & pop company reaping the rewards.. nor that it stops at shareholders -> because some of that $ becomes political campaign contributions, soooo.. connect the dots and it's easy to see how those who make the rules about public safety make rules that do the opposite. Cha-ching!

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 9:11 pm

https://youtu.be/eu3bq1dqzOM

Now I wish the aliens would come to earth to wipe us out. :alien:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 9:18 pm

Aaah, yes, such a sound reason to be armed to the teeth - the possibility of an alien invasion where green space aliens attack us with clubs and slingshots. 100% definitely a reason to have more guns than people per household! This should be taught in schools in between school shootings!!

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 9:21 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Aaah, yes, such a sound reason to be armed to the teeth - the possibility of an alien invasion where green space aliens attack us with clubs and slingshots. 100% definitely a reason to have more guns than people per household! This should be taught in schools in between school shootings!!

Hey don't mock The Simpsons! They warned us about Donald Trump being president someday and look at what happened when we blew it off. :ninja:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 9:41 pm

I live in a big city.

Nobody I know owns a gun.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 9:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I live in a big city.

Nobody I know owns a gun.

I live in a fairly big city. I definitely know people that own guns. A few that go hunting, and others that just go to ranges to shoot targets.

I've also seen a hockey bag filled with some kind of AK-47's or similar knockoff once, but those weren't likely legal weapons at all..

That said, we simply don't have a gun crazy culture here. Maybe the average penis size is just larger North of the border? :?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 10:09 pm

I would tend to doubt that…..I know mine is big enough :P

And anyway……it’s not the Meat…it’s the Motion.

What’s your problem with the United States, anyway? I have no problem with Canada.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 10:48 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Wise man. Says a lot of things that make a lot of sense.

I heard Canada banned airsoft guns or they were considering that.Did that really happen in your country,goldfish21?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 11:11 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would tend to doubt that…..I know mine is big enough :P

And anyway……it’s not the Meat…it’s the Motion.

What’s your problem with the United States, anyway? I have no problem with Canada.

Not much. Just the orange guy, maga q-anon types, and the gun problem that’s created all these mass/school shootings.. and I suppose some other things.. stronger systemic racism, bs like trickledown economics, lack of healthcare for people.. but of course you asked what my Problem was so I’m only pointing out negatives! There’s also plenty to like about the USA.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 11:12 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I heard Canada banned airsoft guns or they were considering that.Did that really happen in your country,goldfish21?

No idea. I don’t think so tho. I’ve seen posts in the last few months on fb about guys getting into airside and wanting groups to go play with and shoot each other or whatever. Doesn’t seem banned to me.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 2:06 am

goldfish21 wrote:

Personally, I am against every gun control law in America and the world.The 2A was never about deer hunting. Having guns for self-defense is part of my Christian faith.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 3:52 am

can't help but think that people want to own a gun as it makes them feel like a tough guy. and that's about it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 8:18 am

Most Americans don’t fit the “ugly American” stereotype.

It’s irritating when I see Yankees acting stupid when on vacation in other nations.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 8:37 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
But... but... people have a right to defend themselves! Too bad guns don't just work for people trying to defend themselves.

This whole defend yourself with guns spiel reminds me of a man who finds a genie in a lamp. The genie says, "I can grant you one wish but whatever I give you, I will also give to your enemies".

The man says "I want to have an advantage over my enemy, therefore I wish to have deadly weapons".

And he receives deadly weapons. So do his enemies.

How is having easier access to guns an advantage when the dude you're trying to defend yourself from also gains easier access to guns?

The only winner in that conflict is Smith & Wesson.

AND their shareholders! Let's not pretend it's just a privately held mom & pop company reaping the rewards.. nor that it stops at shareholders -> because some of that $ becomes political campaign contributions, soooo.. connect the dots and it's easy to see how those who make the rules about public safety make rules that do the opposite. Cha-ching!

A culture created to make some shareholders rich? America has the best culture money can buy!