Why is that some families from religions have all daughters?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 2:18 am

ivyeight6 wrote:
Why is that some families from religions have all daughters?  I want to know what might be the reason.  Thanks.
You already have started at least one other thread on a similar topic.  Why not bump it instead of starting a new one?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 6:24 am

Not Jewish, mostly atheists or agnostic, but our extended family mostly have female children.

Just genetics.

Us autistic people notice patterns in things. Sometimes there's no real reason for the pattern. Its just a fluke.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 5:38 pm

Just adding that out family name has died with my generation. We had a long traceable heritage and it died with my sister being the youngest daughter.

The genes are strong, but they have a new name now.

Chuckster
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jan 2023, 6:00 pm

ivyeight6 wrote:
I want to know what might be the reason. Thanks.

There was a relatively recent study that said:
Men determine the sex of a baby depending on whether their sperm is carrying an X or Y chromosome. An X chromosome combines with the mother’s X chromosome to make a baby girl (XX) and a Y chromosome will combine with the mother’s to make a boy (XY).

The Newcastle University study suggests that an as-yet undiscovered gene controls whether a man’s sperm contains more X or more Y chromosomes, which affects the sex of his children. On a larger scale, the number of men with more X sperm compared to the number of men with more Y sperm affects the sex ratio of children born each year.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 121835.htm

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 6:08 pm

This. ^

Also, my earlier point was referring to the fact that XY sperm swim faster but live a short period of time before dying. If the egg isn't there when they arrive, they won't fertilise anything. No boy.

Female or XX sperm swims more slowly but can survive around 3 days, meaning it can kind of sit dormant and wait for ovulation if it hasn't happened yet. The egg might be there first because eggs live for a day or two (I forget how long) before being expelled. That gives a pretty big window for having a girl if you know when ovulation is happening.

Boys are easier if you're doin' it every day so you don't miss the smaller window of opportunity. When there's XX and XY swimming at the same time, if the egg is there, chances are the boy will reach it first because it's faster moving.

I used this info to, uh ... conceive my girl without gettin' busy very often.

There are also hormonal considerations regarding female PH levels which can make boys or girls more likely. Some people need special injections to balance their hormones to conceive girls.

None of this has to do with religion other than frequency or timing of intercourse, which can't really be predicted.