Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2023, 2:33 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Nades wrote:
I think the buck stops with chromosomes. A male will always be a male in the sense no amount of hormones or surgery will change the sex of their individual cells.

So if you suddenly discovered that your chromosomes are not what you think, would that change your opinion of whether you are a man? Would it change how you behave? Would you be OK with people calling you "she" and "lady"?

Nades wrote:
The problem with the case this thread is about is the very lax laws Scotland are hoping to create that will probably muddy the water on gender and sex. Very suspicious timing and has now been considered a male not surprisingly.

I don't really like Nicola Sturgeon but you've got to hand it to her, on this issue she's been brilliant. It will help so many people, and in a few years people will view the "gender police" the same way we view the people who try to separate the races.

People know if they have a "Y" or not and if anything is wrong, they already know. If an entire chromosome is missing or duplicated, it's usually pretty obvious. That's like saying nobody knew someone had Downs syndrome. Come on Walrus, that's just playing stupid.

Skin colour is pretty minor compared to swapping sexes on a whim like this prisoner did, which I assume he done because he was playing the lax law on the subject like a fiddle for his own gains.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2023, 2:49 am

For the record pretty sure I saw an update where they did not keep that inmate in a womans prison, and moved them to a male prison with protection or something....but basically the final decision did not lead to that individual being housed in a womans prison.

Just an FYI to keep people in the loop and all.

Quantum duck
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Feb 2023, 6:06 am

People don’t always know what their chromosomes are:

https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condit ... -syndrome/