What are your feelings about Will Smith today?

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

TheJazzLovingGuy123
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Feb 2023, 9:15 pm

I am wondering if you have the same feelings about Will Smith or if you have different feelings about him after he slapped Chris Rock in the face at the Oscars last year. If you would, please share them with me to give me some support as I feel so alone in this situation.

I'm 24 and I have Asperger's and I have liked the actor Will Smith for a long time. With the 'repetition' problem I have, I would constantly brag about him even before he slapped Chris Rock in the face. When I saw him slap Chris Rock in the face for the first time, I completely lost it. I was talking about some of his acts with my mom, and I said, "I really do like Will Smith." and she said, "I'm sorry to hear that you do after he slapped Chris Rock in the face." but I don't really care. My dad has been dealing with my 'repetition' problem any way he can. There are times I feel so left out about this, not knowing that I am not being betrayed in any way.

Some of Will Smith's acts I really enjoy are "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air." as it's one of my favorite shows. I have an interest in the 2001 film "Ali." where I think he did great portraying as Muhammad Ali even though he had to gain some weight to do it and I even like the boxer Muhammad Ali myself. I love the Bad Boys movie series he and Martin Lawrence starred in, and I enjoy watching when I'm sick or if the weather is really bad outside.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 9:31 pm

i have no respect for him. he is unhinged.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 9:37 pm

I've never seen any of his shows, and probably never will.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 9:44 pm

i always thought he was full of himself.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 12:05 am

He made a bad choice (that’s for sure). He’s not the first actor who’s done so. People can still like him if they want to. There’s no harm in that.

He has a lot of talent.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 12:11 am

Quote:
What are your feelings about Will Smith today?

Everyone has a right to make a fool of themselves, from time to time. 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 12:24 am

his right to foolishness ends just shy of the other person's face.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 12:46 am

I liked the movie Ali but when he sucker slapped Chris Rock I thought that was real weak. It appears he was more concerned about being in the spotlight than protecting his wife's honor.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 12:48 am

his wife was an equal part of the madness IMHO. it appears that she may have goaded him.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 12:50 am

auntblabby wrote:

Some of his former co-stars from the Fresh Prince have complained he was hard to work with and full of himself...but, is he really worse than any other actor in Hollywood?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 12:59 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Some of his former co-stars from the Fresh Prince have complained he was hard to work with and full of himself...but, is he really worse than any other actor in Hollywood?

yes, tough guy lee marvin was amiable with the film crew and extras. that is but one example. there are many actors who are decent human beings.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 1:02 am

auntblabby wrote:
yes, tough guy lee marvin was amiable with the film crew and extras. that is but one example. there are many actors who are decent human beings.

Different generation. Pre-1980 most actors and actresses were decent, If you read Sharon Stone's take it started with 80s actors like Schwartznegger, Van Damme, Segal, Stallone and Michael Douglas who started the trend of being demanding and narcissistic pricks on set.

Might have something to do with their pay-cheques giving them more play money than actors of previous generations.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 1:08 am

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion...
...and so am I... 8)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 1:13 am

The only Will Smith thing I've seen is The Pursuit of Happyness, which I really liked. I know squat about him as a person. All I can is that if his wife had decked another woman she'd be labelled hysterical or a bittch and it would have ruined her career. Men and especially Hollywood men have such long histories and rivalries we have no idea what that slap was all about. The resentment could have been building for years for different reasons. That being said, he seems like an entitled tit to me, but that's just my judgmental opinion.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 1:16 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Different generation. Pre-1980 most actors and actresses were decent, If you read Sharon Stone's take it started with 80s actors like Schwartznegger, Van Damme, Segal, Stallone and Michael Douglas who started the trend of being demanding and narcissistic pricks on set. Might have something to do with their pay-cheques giving them more play money than actors of previous generations.

yes, money=power, and power corrupts.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 1:17 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I know squat about him as a person. .

That's the key thing here. I try and separate the artist from their art. Will's movies are iconic.