Conversations always run out of steam and women don’t help?

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Dermatillomanian
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Feb 2023, 8:47 am

Hi everyone, as some of the male people here might recognise, I’m having trouble maintaining conversations. This means that whenever I run out of things to say, I have to ghost or block a girl. But how about asking women to contribute possibly over 50% of the time to existing conversations or starting new ones. After all, women these days are always going on about equality and empowerment, so surely they should like this responsibility. I’m fearful though that asking for this responsibility will result in women ghosting or blocking me or telling me to F off or that I’m a “needy simp”. What do I do, I’ve been on online dating apps for two years with no dates and it feels like women are banning me from even first dates?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2023, 8:50 am

You shouldn't "block" or "ghost" somebody just because you've run out of things to say.

Just say you're cooking something, and that you have to go.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2023, 8:53 am

Ghosting and blocking women will give women the signal that you are not interested in them which is not a message that you want to give them. If you run out of things to say, it's okay to pause and let them talk for a while and give input.

For instance, if they want to talk about empowerment, you could say something like "I can see where you are coming from."

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2023, 8:54 am

Pro tip, and that’s gender neutral: if the other party is making ZERO effort to maintain the conversation flow, or to initiate conversations = not interested in you.

Sorry OP, those women weren’t interested in you, ghosting/blocking them is the right move.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Feb 2023, 8:56 am

Dating apps, just as bars, are usually not good places to meet people if you're not a conventionally attractive type.
People are free to talk to you or walk away from a conversation depending on their own interest in it. Nothing about gender here.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2023, 2:47 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Pro tip, and that’s gender neutral: if the other party is making ZERO effort to maintain the conversation flow, or to initiate conversations = not interested in you.

Sorry OP, those women weren’t interested in you, ghosting/blocking them is the right move.

What is the point in blocking someone who's not interested and thus not likely to message back? seems unnecessary.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Feb 2023, 4:50 pm

Maybe it would help to be upfront & say that you tend to be a quiet person but don't mind listening to others & that you can also enjoy spending time together with someone if you aren't talking the whole time. I never really done the dating thing but I'm kinda under the impression that women tend to do the majority of the talking but the guys don't always listen. My girlfriend does most of the talking; to me, to our pets, to herself. I worry she's depressed or upset with me when she's quiet.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2023, 4:52 pm

I find that happens with me often, but I've met women who I can talk to for hours without being bored.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2023, 4:55 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

What is the point in blocking someone who's not interested and thus not likely to message back? seems unnecessary.

It provides closure and… satisfaction. :twisted:

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2023, 4:21 pm

Dermatillomanian wrote:
Hi everyone, as some of the male people here might recognise, I’m having trouble maintaining conversations. This means that whenever I run out of things to say, I have to ghost or block a girl.

No, it does not mean that. You can always excuse yourself, say you have to go do something, and end the conversation that way.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2023, 4:25 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Ghosting/blocking is completely unnecessary and rude. I would say: If the conversation has naturally come to an end, just end it by excusing yourself and saying you have to go do something. Then, if the other person is indeed not interested, chances are they won't contact you again.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2023, 4:29 pm

nick007 wrote:
Maybe it would help to be upfront & say that you tend to be a quiet person but don't mind listening to others & that you can also enjoy spending time together with someone if you aren't talking the whole time.

I like this idea. Sounds to me like a wise, mature way to handle the overall situation.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2023, 4:35 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I simply do not feel this is always true, what if the girl is introverted or shy? Thought I feel you are correct 90% of the time because adult women are not attracted to adult men (on average, there are exceptions such as chads.)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2023, 8:02 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It soothes the butthurt.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It provides closure and… satisfaction. :twisted:

Like I said. :lol:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2023, 8:05 pm

:lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2023, 8:22 pm

In general, if two people can't manage light, spontaneous conversations they likely aren't suited.
I think that's true whether it's written form like here or PM, or verbally.
It doesn't matter if it's the guy or the woman or even between two friends.
There are exceptions if one person has a serious communication disorder etc., but that's rare.

Move on if this is an ongoing issue with the other person.
Don't move on if it's your first time talking.
Sometimes it takes a little while to get into the groove.

I don't get the point of blocking or ghosting anyone, ever, unless they're abusive.