Majorie Taylor Greene calls for 'national divorce'

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2023, 11:36 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I say she should be locked up in a mental hospital and forced to take medication like I was. :lol:

She should be shitposting on here instead of holding any actual power. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2023, 11:56 pm

We can dump Tex-Ass and I wouldn't care. And New Mexico can kick them in the butt on the way out.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2023, 3:09 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Ok so I don't know what the hell I was really thinking at the time I posted what I did... maybe I was experiencing another psychotic episode? I'm not sure...

But now that I'm thinking clearly (for now) I see that MTG really is a dangerous lunatic. And the idea of her ever becoming house speaker terrifies me.

If she's not the prime example of America's descent into kakistocracy I don't know what is. :|

I appreciate you posting this. We all have our moments.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 3:08 am

slam_thunderhide wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
You know what I don't understand? Why is it that the people in this country who hate deplorables from the red states so much don't want us to get a divorce? I mean what exactly is in it for them to keep certain people bound to this so-called union when they clearly loathe them?

Could it be exploitation of some type?

Could it possibly be empathy for the people who would be stuck in Worse America?

It's not like red states are pure red or blue states are pure blue, most red states have blue cities. Biden won GA, MTG's home state. She'd be stuck in blue America.

"Empathy for the people who would be stuck in Worse America?"

I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if you'd never considered the question before, and just made up that answer on the spur of the moment.

In a modern society like America, people are frequently relocating either for work or for lifestyle. We're supposed to believe that this is one of the wonders of the modern economy - that most people can work from anywhere, and find opportunities anywhere. And the US government manages to resettle refugees throughout the country year after year.

And yet we're supposed to believe that in some hypothetical situation where the US split in two, nobody would have any choice but to simply stay where they were.

I personally know people who live in red states and who wish they could move out, but can't.

For many people in today's world, relocation would be extremely difficult.

Decades ago, relocation would have been much easier than it is in today's world.

Relocation is expensive. Property values have gone up, and real wages have gone down.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 4:13 am

Ameerians be crazy.
I don't know much about her, but she seems like a right nutter to me.
Jewish laser beams? :scratch:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 4:25 am

The whole planet needs to be like Sweden.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 4:26 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
You know what I don't understand? Why is it that the people in this country who hate deplorables from the red states so much don't want us to get a divorce? I mean what exactly is in it for them to keep certain people bound to this so-called union when they clearly loathe them?

The hard left wants a cultural revolution.
Have you forgotten that?

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 4:52 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
The whole planet needs to be like Sweden.

Ok. *throws grenade*

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 4:54 am

goldfish21 wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

How about self preservation of order, currency valuation, not being in a state of civil war, not watching the USA devolve domestically and on the world stage, not watching the government fall apart nor military etc etc as taxes aren’t paid nor programs funded, same same for social security, medicaid/care or whatever you call them and so on.

Just because marriage failure greene got divorced and has all these problems on a household scale doesn’t mean Americans should accept them on a national scale. Wtf?

No expert here, but it is my understanding that the cultural wars ARE destroying social cohesion in Ameriia.
I believe there are sections on the left that want anarchy in Ammeerriaa so it can be rebuilt to their specification.
There is dysfunction on both sides of the political divide.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 9:58 pm

Pepe wrote:
No expert here, but it is my understanding that the cultural wars ARE destroying social cohesion in Ameriia.
I believe there are sections on the left that want anarchy in Ammeerriaa so it can be rebuilt to their specification.

As far as I can tell, it is very much primarily right-wingers who are talking about secession, although some left-wingers talk that way too.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 10:38 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Pepe wrote:

As far as I can tell, it is very much primarily right-wingers who are talking about secession, although some left-wingers talk that way too.

An interesting concept.
It would seriously degrade international influence.
Bye, bye, superpower.

BTW, For decades Western Australia has been talking about seceding from Australia.
They have huge mineral resources.
They could end up being another Norway, or is it Sweden?
Small numbers of ppl with incredible mineral wealth.

It hasn't happened so far, tho they did totally isolate themselves from the rest of Australia doing the COVID lockdowns.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 11:42 pm

In Canada, Quebec has threatened to separate for decades. More recently it's Alberta that's been making noise about that crap because they're frustrated by the federal rules about transfer payments and having to pay into the country even when their current cashflow is down. (It's based on 3 year rolling averages, so when there's a downturn right after a good run they're still paying for 2-3 years and Alberta is always Boom & Bust cycles because that's how they roll.) Also, Alberta is Canada's trump-country.. so that explains a bunch, too.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2023, 9:34 am

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2023, 3:06 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
I personally know people who live in red states and who wish they could move out, but can't.

Not an expert here, but I hear many are moving out of Blue California and into Red states such as Texas.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2023, 10:22 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

Seriously... why can't we all be friends? :mrgreen: