Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 4:04 pm

Does anyone notice that some people expect that everyone is always on the phone, Internet, and have a car and extra time available at all times?

Last week, a job interviewer emailed at 8 to cancel a phone interview scheduled for 11.

Today a job interviewer emailed 9:40am to schedule a phone interview for 11 (at the time I was away from the phone)

At least three job interviewers have had the nerve to demand that I come in for an in person job interview the same f*****g day.

And et cetera

Especially since COVID. Sometimes you need internet access to do things that you otherwise could have done without it.

That widens the gap between the "haves" and the "have nots"

Socioeconomic discrimination

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 5:35 pm

I'm glad to have internet for interviews. Having to travel AND get rejected is a kick in the teeth. Just getting rejected isnt as bad.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2023, 7:28 am

klanka wrote:
I'm glad to have internet for interviews. Having to travel AND get rejected is a kick in the teeth. Just getting rejected isnt as bad.

Agreed, but online interviews aren't what shortfatbalduglyman was objecting to.

What he was objecting to was in-person interviews being given on extremely short notice via phone or Internet -- so short notice that he could easily miss them entirely if he wasn't on his phone every minute of the day, and otherwise requiring very inconvenient sudden last-minute changes in plans.