Is DeSantis building a private army?

Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 1:42 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
that guy is scary, he has trumpy's ability to rabblerouse and he is smart and competent, and combined with his meanness he can do damage that trumpy couldn't even conceive. it's not enough for him that he is systematically "cleansing" florida of LGBTQ and their parents, he wants to do this nationwide.

Is DeSatan or Abbott worse?

both cut from the same tin pot fascist cloth AFAIC. both toxic to the nation, along with their supporters.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 1:45 am

that southern fascist is systematically white-washing [literally] american history, straight out of 1984.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 9:37 am

^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 9:54 am

^Exhibit A

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 10:05 am

^ Because we ALL know, as outlined in chapter 2 of George Orwell's 1984 that only Southern Fascists emoji laugh at hyperbolic claims.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 11:59 am

Persephone29 wrote:
^ Because we ALL know, as outlined in chapter 2 of George Orwell's 1984 that only Southern Fascists emoji laugh at hyperbolic claims.

Nah I'm sure there's plenty of Northern Fascists who worship DeSatan too. :mrgreen:

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 8:53 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

Nah I'm sure there's plenty of Northern Fascists who worship DeSatan too. :mrgreen:

Good, as long as we're evenly distributed. Balance and all that...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 3:47 am

Is this to boost the coast guard and border control? republicans obsessing over illegals again
I'm surprised he's not building a kaiju wall around the perimeter of the Florida coast :roll:

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 8:10 am

I'm really worried about what this means for Florida. He sounds like he's trying to become a dictator of his state rather than a governor.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 9:14 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I'm really worried about what this means for Florida. He sounds like he's trying to become a dictator of his state rather than a governor.

I think your fears are unfounded. Desantis simply wants a childhood for children enrolled in Florida Schools. He's not saying that parents can't teach their children anything they wish them to know, check out from public libraries or buy books from book stores. All those things are widely available, in a Dictatorship they wouldn't be (like North Korea, who controls the national reading material, what can be viewed, and the light in which Kim Jong Un can be viewed in). You're allowed to read the books, they just aren't available in the public school system. You're allowed to criticize Desantis, in a dictatorship you wouldn't be. I can't believe you don't know the difference ( you do, you just want the attention drama brings).

Our job is to teach them reading, writing, maths, sciences, history and the like. Our job is not to teach them who to hate, all the different genders, somebody done somebody wrong songs, and the like. If their parents want to, that's their prerogative.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 1:17 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

I think your fears are unfounded. Desantis simply wants a childhood for children enrolled in Florida Schools. He's not saying that parents can't teach their children anything they wish them to know, check out from public libraries or buy books from book stores. All those things are widely available, in a Dictatorship they wouldn't be (like North Korea, who controls the national reading material, what can be viewed, and the light in which Kim Jong Un can be viewed in). You're allowed to read the books, they just aren't available in the public school system. You're allowed to criticize Desantis, in a dictatorship you wouldn't be. I can't believe you don't know the difference ( you do, you just want the attention drama brings).

Our job is to teach them reading, writing, maths, sciences, history and the like. Our job is not to teach them who to hate, all the different genders, somebody done somebody wrong songs, and the like. If their parents want to, that's their prerogative.

Desantis should put the bible on the list of books to be banned from school if he's really concerned about children reading inappropriate things. There is stuff about sex and rape, as well as rape victims having to marry their rapist, the gruesome description of jesus being tortured to death and plenty of other instances of violence and killing ect.

But maybe he's never read the bible idk.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 1:24 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Desantis should put the bible on the list of books to be banned from school if he's really concerned about children reading inappropriate things. There is stuff about sex and rape, as well as rape victims having to marry their rapist, the gruesome description of jesus being tortured to death and plenty of other instances of violence and killing ect.

But maybe he's never read the bible idk.

Or that stuff is all appropriate, so long as it's from a politically correct source.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 3:43 pm

auntblabby wrote:
that guy is scary, he has trumpy's ability to rabblerouse and he is smart and competent, and combined with his meanness he can do damage that trumpy couldn't even conceive. it's not enough for him that he is systematically "cleansing" florida of LGBTQ and their parents, he wants to do this nationwide.

Some talking head on the news made what I Hope is a good point: desantis' backwater brand of BS won't fly nationally.. it only goes over well in florida amongst the right wing crazies. He'll be laughed at on the national stage where people are smarter and far less hateful of the various groups desantis vilifies for political cred in florida.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 5:04 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Some talking head on the news made what I Hope is a good point: desantis' backwater brand of BS won't fly nationally.. it only goes over well in florida amongst the right wing crazies. He'll be laughed at on the national stage where people are smarter and far less hateful of the various groups desantis vilifies for political cred in florida.

I hope they're right and his crazy cult following doesn't grow past Florida...

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Mar 2023, 6:21 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I hope they're right and his crazy cult following doesn't grow past Florida...

Oh, but it already has.

The best description I’ve heard yet of my home state, Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania, a state that has 2 major cities that hate each other, divided by the PA Dutch (read old-order Amish and Mennonites.)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 6:46 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

DeSantis is horrible, but Greg Abbott is far worse. He let ~200 people freeze to death (literally), three horrific mass shootings (El Paso, Santa Fe, Uvalde) occurred during his governorship, our criminal justice and education systems are a joke--and I guarantee he is profiting from all this.

And if the best Texas Dems can do is Beto O'Rourke, then I know we're screwed.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!