Do any of you actually listen to other peoples posts?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

lil_hippie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Mar 2023, 2:37 am

I go through a lot of these threads and there isn't much interaction other than people posting what they're listening to.
Do you guys often listen to what other people post?
Or do you just enjoy being able to share something with others about yourself, like your personal taste in music?

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 8:38 am

Depends on what actually catches my interest. To be honest most of the songs and videos posted here arent really my cup of tea but I found a few gems like this one.

https://youtu.be/KBKp2Yo_CGE

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 9:20 am

I rarely watch or listen to other people's music posts on here, except for when they're from the genre and era I'm interested in, ie chart music from around the mid-1960s to the early 1980s.

I've always had difficulty believing that others are not interested in the things I'm interested in, so I still assume that people will watch the music videos I post. Looking at it objectively though, it's very unlikely that many will do so. I think this frame of mind might be a lot more common amongst members of this forum than they would be prepared to admit.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 9:22 am

For me, it depends on the music and/or the person who’s posting.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 9:29 am

Sometimes I do, mostly if I have some time to kill. I don't always listen to every song though when I go browsing...a lot of the times I'll start to listen to something and be like, nope, not my thing, and go on to the next one. I'm pretty much always on the lookout for music that is new to me in hopes I'll discover some new favorite, and this place does bring a varied selection of stuff to explore.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 10:41 am

I went through a period of trying to listen but hated every song posted here by other people :lol:
I just have certain tastes...

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 11:31 am

lil_hippie wrote:
I go through a lot of these threads and there isn't much interaction other than people posting what they're listening to.
Or do you just enjoy being able to share something with others about yourself, like your personal taste in music?

I read some of them but I don't listen to them as it does not work in sound form on my tablet. Is it meant to?

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 11:37 am

lil_hippie wrote:

Yes, but usually after 30 seconds I know it is not for me and move on.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 11:51 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
lil_hippie wrote:

I read some of them but I don't listen to them as it does not work in sound form on my tablet. Is it meant to?

No dude, you can't listen to people's posts unless you have a device that does that for you (There used to be a blind poster here that had a special setup that read out the posts, her name was DataB4 , I miss her.). The OP is talking about youtube music videos.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 11:56 am

Recidivist wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
lil_hippie wrote:

No dude, you can't listen to people's posts unless you have a device that does that for you (There used to be a blind poster here that had a special setup that read out the posts. I will post her name when I remember it). The OP is talking about youtube music videos.

Ah. No youtube embedded things appear on this site with this tablet, and if I click on a link it chucks me out of Google so I can't see them until one day I get a better computerized device.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 12:04 pm

It depends on my mood.
I'm pretty picky about what I'll listen to and when, even from my own music.
If something gets posted and I know I like it, and I'm in that mood, I'll listen.
If it's something I don't know I often google the lyrics first, to get the vibe.
Then I'll listen if I have the proper headspace for it.

If it's a poster whose judgment I always trust, I usually just push Play.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 12:25 pm

Sometimes, but usually if I'm listening to something I won't interrupt it.

It depends on what gets posted. If someone posts Converge, I'll listen to Converge.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 10:42 pm

lil_hippie wrote:
No, I read them instead.
lil_hippie wrote:
Sometimes.  Usually, I just read the posts, shake my head or have a good laugh, and move on.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 12:03 pm

I'm not sure exactly what the appeal is of posting in the music threads for me but I do like doing it.

I honestly don't mind if no one listens. I assumed that generally people don't. If they do, we'll that's good but it's not a necessary part of it

I'll sometimes listen to things people post, not always, but sometimes.

I think there's something about it, like sticking a pin in a moment of time. I like fixing things down. Everything is so fluid. It's a bit like photography. Is that making any sense?