Aluminum is a Neurotoxin: Fact or Fiction?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Mar 2023, 9:39 am

Is aluminum a dangerous neurotoxin?

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 00212/full

Is there a corporate conspiracy to obfuscate research on the matter?

Let me know in the comments.

Personally I will forbid the use of aluminum cookware, though steel cookware is not safe either (stainless steel may contain nickel, chromium and titanium particulates.)

But my question is aluminum safe for indoor use? I think aluminum is fine for outdoor use, but what about indoor use aluminum shelving? If an object with a Brinell Hardness scratches it, could that release aluminum particles into the air? What is the normal rate that aluminum particles detach from idle indoors metal? Could this be accelerated by light activity and UV activity? Please post your opinions, no bot-sites and generic blogs please.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 10:36 am

I cook with cast iron cos I think aluminium is recognised as toxic. I think the narrative says the aluminium isn't released into the food but that's probably untrue.
The only disadvantage is having to use loads of oil with fried eggs.
It doesn't really scratch, I was cutting meat in the cast iron pan and didn't see any damage.

If you do scratch it,it's just more iron underneath,not aluminium like most pans.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2023, 4:45 pm

klanka wrote:
I cook with cast iron cos I think aluminium is recognised as toxic. I think the narrative says the aluminium isn't released into the food but that's probably untrue.
The only disadvantage is having to use loads of oil with fried eggs.
It doesn't really scratch, I was cutting meat in the cast iron pan and didn't see any damage.

If you do scratch it,it's just more iron underneath,not aluminium like most pans.

Cast iron seems like the right track. But are we sure corporations aren't sneaking in secretive chemicals? What if they put a coating on the cast irons?