DeSantis hit with an ethics complaint from Trump super PAC

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 8:01 pm

The primary pro-Trump super PAC is filing a complaint with the Florida Ethics Commission over what it says is the governor's "shadow presidential campaign."

Quote:
Donald Trump’s allies are stepping up their battle with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, formally accusing him of violating state ethics and election laws with his “shadow presidential campaign.”

Make America Great Again Inc. is filing a 15-page complaint Wednesday with the Florida Commission on Ethics, a draft of which was obtained exclusively by NBC News.

It asks the commission to probe whether pro-DeSantis super PACs, his "personally lucrative book tour" and a continued wave of state-level campaign contributions, among other things, "are unlawful because they serve his personal political objectives, are in furtherance of his personal financial gain at the expense of Florida taxpayers, and are intended to influence his official decision to resign from office."

Trump’s allies face a tall order in getting the commission to investigate DeSantis, considering he appointed five of the nine members.

The draft complaint details steps DeSantis has taken in recent months that appear to orchestrate a coming presidential bid.

The pro-Trump super PAC says those steps, when taken together, violate a handful of Florida laws about officeholders’ accepting illegal gifts.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman