Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2023, 4:18 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/16/tech/uk-tiktok-government-device-ban/index.html

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2023, 5:08 pm

Stuff in the U.S. , News , broadcasts generally portray Tik tok in a bad light . As having strong ties to Chinese Nationalist controlled businesses ..leading to open information about US people their thoughts any trends that might be developing atitudes by masses of people towards other Countries . All available to Chinese Intelligence analysts .
Pretty handy info . if you were into marketing products or using mobs of phoney users to influence opinion.
So i can Understand the UKs atitude. But prolly no different then using facebook or other social media platforms
by our big corporations with huge U.S.government contracts to use our sites for data mining of all sorts . :roll:
But i am not writing anything new . If it wasn't all this stuff on the news and Russians influencing elections :evil:
( influencers)or What not .. And mass marketing stuff to influence peoples choices to buy this or that or the latest
' fad' .... i would not have know of any of this stuff .( But it does become alittle different if you look at everything in our world ,interpeted through the biased lense of mass marketing.). 8O

where ever you go ,there you are