Can't find a place to live (a happy live)

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Machi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Mar 2023, 10:49 am

I live in a rented country house that's unsuitable for me in many ways. But I like the area, because it's mostly open country, though of course that land is already destined to become human-infested soon.
Still, it's going to take a while and because I got into some money from an inheritance, on one of my walk with the dogs I found a piece of land I like, and talked to the owner and he said I can have it, once the paperwork is done (before that, he can't sell). Now there's a "long way" to get there from my rented house, and "short" way. One day, I went down the short way, with my dogs and the my neighbor's dogs who always go with whoever goes out. Halfway to "my land" a man came out of a house complaining that I was passing in front of his house, because HIS dogs start to fight when there are other dogs.
I'm honest, I did understand what he was saying, but I didn't understand the logic. His dogs were inside behind high walls not making a sound, mine were on the other side of the street minding their own business. It's a public street. So what gives him the right to "forbid" me to walk there?
That was about 6 weeks ago, and I almost forgot about about him. But three days ago, when I happen to pass there again (something came up and I had to take the short way), there were two dogs in front of that house. One of the dogs immediately went after one of my dogs (the most chicken who instinctively runs away, making thing worse for her). Nothing serious happen. One of my other dogs pursued that strange dog back to his territory, and that was it. There wasn't even a lot of noise involves, just dogs running around.
But out comes the man, imposing himself in front of me, saying he told me not to pass in front of his house, and anyway, by now he knows I'm a crazy person who "disturbs" all other neighbors.
I stood against him, I won't let anyone intimidate me.
But of course, when I got home (like 1.5 minutes later) I was in the middle of a meltdown.
I asked the construction workes who are building a house next to my rented one if they could please look after my dogs, because no way I was going to stay in that house one more day.
My mom and her boyfriend are on vacation, and I'm looking after their little pup, and so I can stay at their place until they return.

But now I dread they day I have to go back. It triggers panic attacks (I leaned how to control them, but I'm still aware of the fact I would have one if I didn't). And of course I no longer want that piece of land that is so close to that man's house. I also looked at some other properties, both in the same area, and yesterday I wrote the realtors I'm not interested anymore.
Now I think of buying just some house, even if it's old and ugly, that's available NOW and has at least twice the size of the one I had in mind, so I won't have to leave my own land if I want to run/exercise with my dogs.

Of course there's not many such properties available. And it's frustrating and just thinking of not finding someplace to be when my mom comes back and having to return to that house is literally making me sick. I can push the thoughts aside most of the, concentrating on work, knitting for my mom's charity project, tending to her plants, tending to her boyfriend's pup :heart: and getting to know some of her neighbors. But every now and then, my mind slips and I get that feeling of dread and I'm incapable of doing the most basics things anymore (like a meltdown without all the drama-like emotions).

Just wanted to get this off my chest.
Thanks.