Marriage rates among people with disability

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2023, 1:25 am

Muse933277 wrote:
It really depends on factors such as your personality, level of attractiveness, and severity of your autism.

I have a fun personality, decently attractive, and mildly autistic

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2023, 3:07 am

In the U.S people on disability SSI income can lose their benefits if they get married. It is part of why me and my boyfriend have not done it..because for now we need me to get that to afford our rent. If we got marrried they could cut the amount based on the amont he makes so yeah it would not be a good idea even though we see it as a very long term relationship.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Apr 2023, 3:43 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
To me it is actually better to use your 20's as a period of self-discovery and finding your path then get married in your 30's because you will be mature enough and fully ready to handle marriage!

I don't understand why people get married in their early 20's or even once they get out of high school

The ONLY possible reason they would have for that is so they can have kids since risks increase by age with pregnancy/childbirth

Take that away and you will see there is no rush to get married or have a wedding!

It makes sense but I guess it's better that I wait until I find my soulmate, life partner, man of my dreams etc before committing to a legal document (marriage)

Most of my friends got married in late 20's or early 30's

My friend Anita got married at age 28

My friend Glenn first got married at age 38
I really wanted to marry my 1st girlfriend when I was 20 & I NEVER wanted kids. I had a high desire to be partly cuz I tend to be insecure in relationships & I majorly HATED being single. Another reason is because she was 15 & hyothetically we coulda got married with parential permission to live together & better avoid certain legal issues.

Me & my 2nd gf wanted to be married partly cuz her parents were kinda conservative & tradiotional(she lived in Texas) & they woulda had a major problem with us living together unmarried despite her being an adult in college. For similar reasons she also had to kinda pretend was a Christian even thou she did not believe.

After living with my current girlfriend for 10+ years I don't really feel the need to be married; that's good considering the reasoning. The only real reason I see for us not to be married is cuz of our finachial situation.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2023, 5:56 pm

I can see why people want to get married

I want to have a beautiful wedding and wear a nice fancy dress while standing at the altar marrying the man of my dreams

I want the experience of a wedding