Any movie recos? I’m isolating.

Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 11:02 am

Bullet Train looked like fun but has poor reviews/ratings so not sure I’ll ever watch it.

I never look through streaming options. I never even turn a TV on. I think there are 4 in the house, but it’s been a decade since I’ve really turned a TV on and watched anything myself save for literally a couple times. I waste my screen time online and kinda 1/2 pay attention to what others are watching on TV when it’s on and I’m in the room.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 11:20 am

so you place a lot of stock in what other people see in a movie?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 11:54 am

auntblabby wrote:
so you place a lot of stock in what other people see in a movie?

Yes.

The collective ratings/reviews of MANY people tend to be pretty accurate. I don't watch very many movies and don't want to waste my time watching something that's a 4-6/10 (or lower) when there are spectacular movies that are high 7's to 8-almost 10/10's.

If I'm going to dedicate 2+ hours of my time to watching a movie, I want to be entertained and impressed, not left feeling like I should have cleaned my bathroom instead.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 11:44 pm

in some reviews at least, i get the impression the reviewer was looking at the wrong movie, or looking at the movie wrong, they didn't see what i saw in a given film.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2023, 3:25 am

auntblabby wrote:
in some reviews at least, i get the impression the reviewer was looking at the wrong movie, or looking at the movie wrong, they didn't see what i saw in a given film.

That's why I check on imdb and rottentomatoes. I'm not relying on one or two reviews, but rather a rating based on many, Many, reviews - which tends to give a pretty accurate picture about a picture.