Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:08 am

Trump secures $175 million bond in New York civil fraud case

Quote:
Trump secured the bond through Knight Specialty Insurance Company, which is owned by the privately-held Hankey Group, whose chairman told ABC News that he considers himself a Donald Trump supporter.

"This is what we do at Knight Insurance, and we're happy to be able to accommodate the ex-president in this situation," Don Hankey told ABC News. "I'd say it's more of a business decision, but I happen to be a supporter also."

Hankey said his company was initially involved in talks to underwrite the original $464 million bond in the case -- then when a New York appellate court last week reduced the amount to $175 million, Hankey said his company renewed their effort to underwrite the bond.

"It was a relatively low number, and Donald Trump put up all the collateral in cash," Hankey said.

Hankey could not recall if Trump also used bonds as collateral for the finalized bond, noting that his company reviewed some of the former president's bonds, which he said were as "grade-A bonds, investment grade quality securities."

"We're confident that we have very good collateral," Hankey said.

Hankey told ABC News that he has contributed to the former president's campaign but could not recall the amount he donated.

An official with the New York attorney general's office declined to comment to ABC News.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 12:27 pm

^dirtbags helping dirtbags.. the guy has $7.4B from subprime auto lending. Naturally his ethics are going to align with mr. trump's -> gangster capitalism.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 2:49 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
^dirtbags helping dirtbags.. the guy has $7.4B from subprime auto lending. Naturally his ethics are going to align with mr. trump's -> gangster capitalism.

Dirtbags - - probably, but dirtbags doubtlessly with an agenda. If Trump gets reelected, he will owe them and will be malleable to their will in the White House.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 3:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Dirtbags - - probably, but dirtbags doubtlessly with an agenda. If Trump gets reelected, he will owe them and will be malleable to their will in the White House.

Yes, of course. It's not just the interest he'll make on the loan that he's after no doubt.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 12:40 pm

Trump's $175 million bond can stand after attorneys agree to comply with new conditions

Quote:
The $175 million bond posted by an insurance company for former President Donald Trump in a civil fraud case can stand after an agreement Monday that included assurances from his lawyers to comply with conditions from the attorney general's office.

New York Attorney General Letitia James' office argued it is concerned about the financial wherewithal of Knight Specialty Insurance company, which posted the bond for Trump on April 1.

According to Monday's agreement, the $175 million will stay as cash in a money market account, Knight Specialty will have exclusive control, but can only use the cash to pay for the bond if needed. The attorney general's office and the court will get monthly account statements.

The agreement will be finalized by Thursday, April 25, and some of the details require Schwab, the managers of the money market account, to agree to the terms.

The agreement between Trump and Knight Specialty Insurance Company cannot be amended without court approval, and Knight will submit to the jurisdiction of the court. The company waived its right of removal and its lawyers agreed to designate an agent to accept service of process in New York.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman