Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 12:35 pm

Donald Trump returning to New York for deposition in $250M civil lawsuit: Sources

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump is scheduled to return to New York City Thursday to sit for a second deposition as part of New York Attorney General Letitia James' $250 million civil fraud lawsuit, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

Trump previously sat for an hourslong deposition in August, prior to James filing her lawsuit that accused Trump, his eldest children and his company of fraudulently inflating the value of the Trump real estate portfolio and his net worth.

Trump did not answer many questions in the first deposition other than affirming he understood the ground rules and the procedures.

When Kevin Wallace, the attorney general's senior counsel, asked what Trump did to prepare for the deposition, he answered: "very little."

When asked questions about his finances, Trump repeatedly invoked the Fifth Amendment and continued to do so for the next several hours.

The suit claims that Trump's Florida estate and golf resort, Mar-a-Lago, was valued as high as $739 million, but should have been valued at $75 million. Trump is also alleged to have overvalued assets such as his Trump Tower apartment; Trump Turnberry, his golf course in Scotland; and 40 Wall Street.

Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump Jr., the president's eldest children, also previously sat for depositions in the case.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 1:30 pm

BuT tHiS iS jUsT aN aCcOuNtInG mIsDeMeAnOr & ToTaL pOlItIcAL pErSeCuTiOn!!

:lol:

Michael Cohen figures $250M is on the very low side as a starting point and by his knowledge and estimates guesses it will balloon to $750M and wipe essentially out the trump org.

It's all happening just as I've said it would for literally years now. It's simply that all of these investigations are extremely complex and time consuming. But I've maintained that there's a 0% chance he skates on all of this USA wrecking attempt nonsense - from tax fraud to his coup; trumplestiltskin is going down.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 9:45 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
BuT tHiS iS jUsT aN aCcOuNtInG mIsDeMeAnOr & ToTaL pOlItIcAL pErSeCuTiOn!!

:lol:

Civil law and criminal law are different branches of the legal system. This one is a civil suit.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 10:44 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Trump previously sat for an hourslong deposition in August, prior to James filing her lawsuit that accused Trump, his eldest children and his company of fraudulently inflating the value of the Trump real estate portfolio and his net worth.

Not defending him, but I understand this is quite common in Ameriaaa.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 10:51 pm

Pepe wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Quite common to commit tax and loan fraud? By hyper inflating the valuation of real estate assets by several times? No. This is not common. This is an extreme case - possibly The Most Extreme to have ever existed in the USA.

Who says this is common practice and normal? trumplestiltskin himself? He's trolling you and his cult members to make people believe he's done nothing wrong and to continue sending him donations and maybe do a little terrorism in his name when he activates the radicalized.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 11:02 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Quite common to commit tax and loan fraud? By hyper inflating the valuation of real estate assets by several times? No. This is not common. This is an extreme case - possibly The Most Extreme to have ever existed in the USA.

Who says this is common practice and normal? trumplestiltskin himself? He's trolling you and his cult members to make people believe he's done nothing wrong and to continue sending him donations and maybe do a little terrorism in his name when he activates the radicalized.

My dirty, stinking, horrible, awful, obscene right-wing sources. :oops:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 11:06 pm

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

My dirty, stinking, horrible, awful, obscene right-wing sources. :oops:

There ya go. Buncha those sources keep spouting off about how all these things trump is accused of are just so common everyone does them and he shouldn't be prosecuted for them. LOLZ. Get real. Not everyone lies, cheats, steals and rapes or tries to overthrow the US gov't. Go to jail, trumpy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 4:17 am

^^^
I can't say for sure how common this sort of scam is in my country, but even if it is, that hardly makes it acceptable. If anything, the hammer should be brought down on Trump as a warning that no one should be able to get away with any sort of grift.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 4:26 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
I can't say for sure how common this sort of scam is in my country, but even if it is, that hardly makes it acceptable. If anything, the hammer should be brought down on Trump as a warning that no one should be able to get away with any sort of grift.

It isn't acceptable, but apparently, it happens everywhere.
"Power corrupts...
Absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely..."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 2:56 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

"Power corrupts...

All the more reason to demonstrate that no one should be able to get away with it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 7:55 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

"Power corrupts...

All the more reason to demonstrate that no one should be able to get away with it.

Agreed.
Now where are Uncle Joe and that "deplorable" woman? :scratch:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 10:01 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

"Power corrupts...

Agreed.

What has Joe done? And so far, nothing thrown at Hilary Clinton has proven to have any substance.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 10:18 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

"Power corrupts...

Agreed.

What has Joe done? And so far, nothing thrown at Hilary Clinton has proven to have any substance.

Perhaps Trump will get off scot-free, also.
The rich have their own rules, as we all know.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 10:28 pm

^^^
Trump has accumulated so much infamy in the past few years that no prosecutor is going to let him go this time around. So gotten so much light on his misdeeds since he's been President that he can't get out of the spotlight.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 11:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
Trump has accumulated so much infamy in the past few years that no prosecutor is going to let him go this time around. So gotten so much light on his misdeeds since he's been President that he can't get out of the spotlight.

Don't count your chickens.
We can all gloat WHEN/IF it happens. 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 11:34 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

Don't count your chickens.
We can all gloat WHEN/IF it happens. 8)

There's no way New Yorkers are going to let Trump get away, and unless the Virginia jury is made up of MAGA Republicans, I can't see how the evidence against him there can be ignored. The only way Trump gets out of this is if he dies, or he defects to Russia.