Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 9:00 am

https://www.idrlabs.com/avoidant-person ... m/test.php

Since I made a thread for that Borderline Spectrum test, I thought I'd make one for the Avoidant Personality Spectrum test from the same website.

My results:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 9:30 am

Oh, I'm anguished and vexed alright.

But never because of inability to connect with others.

I thought I'd get more distracted and imaginative. Well, perhaps it's just about being distracted when and is related to socializing.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 9:54 am

I don't agree with the two ^ explanations of my highest traits. I don't get distracted for the reasons stated, and I don't retreat into my mind for the reasons stated. :roll:

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 10:15 am

Recidivist wrote:
I don't agree with the two ^ explanations of my highest traits. I don't get distracted for the reasons stated, and I don't retreat into my mind for the reasons stated. :roll:

I think there's an expectation to take the descriptions and your answers to questions with a grain of salt, because if you are taking the test because you are considering you might have AVPD, then yeah you are probably going to struggle with those things for the mentioned reasons, but if you are just taking them for funsies and don't have issues relating to AVPD then a higher score in those areas can be for like, any number of other things, like ADHD or maladaptive daydreaming or something.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 10:31 am

I like the word vexations and wish I had more of them. :twisted:

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 10:42 am

It's so interesting seeing how low people's scores can be on here for these tests. In this Discord server I'm in everyone scores so high. :lol: I literally took both the tests multiple times to make sure I didn't exaggerate anything.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 10:50 am

My psychologist didn't think I had AVPD. She thought that my symptoms were due to autism and PTSD.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 10:56 am

Fairfield wrote:
It's so interesting seeing how low people's scores can be on here for these tests. In this Discord server I'm in everyone scores so high. :lol: I literally took both the tests multiple times to make sure I didn't exaggerate anything.

I feel so boring on all these tests. :(

I'm not sure what's missing because in real life I have significant "everything".
Maybe I read the questions too literally?

There was one about doing something on a weekly basis (?! lol - who thinks that way?) but I do it on a daily basis or hourly basis (can't remember the question) so I said no.

It's hard for me to do those sliding scale things too. Most of the time I feel neutral but that's a flatline.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 10:56 am

Fairfield wrote:
but if you are just taking them for funsies and don't have issues relating to AVPD then a higher score in those areas can be for like, any number of other things, like ADHD or maladaptive daydreaming or something.

I didn't do the test for funsies, I did it for you. And very intuitive of you know that my highest traits come from ADHD and maladaptive daydreaming. :jester:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 11:03 am

I slept seven hours!! ^ :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

Another thing is I don't know what's "normal" so it's hard to know how much I do something.
Is it normal to feel like your life and all of existence is an illusion because of metaphysics?
If so, I don't daydream much. I just have a normal brain that ponders.
If not, I'm lost in thought and maybe that's why I'm different.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 11:04 am

Recidivist wrote:
Fairfield wrote:
but if you are just taking them for funsies and don't have issues relating to AVPD then a higher score in those areas can be for like, any number of other things, like ADHD or maladaptive daydreaming or something.

I didn't do the test for funsies, I did it for you. And very intuitive of you know that my highest traits come from ADHD and maladaptive daydreaming. :jester:

I don't know if my response came off as rude, but I didn't mean it rude? I meant "funsies" just as like anyone in general taking it for fun, because people take tests like these just out of curiosity sometimes. I also wasn't saying you have those things, those are just two disorders that came to mind that would probably earn "agree/strongly agree" responses from the questions for the categories you mentioned.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 11:12 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I slept seven hours!! ^ :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

Nice! Is that the new meds?

Handa Rei
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2023, 11:13 am

This really surprised me. I've always thought that I'm something of a poster child for AVPD, but according to these results my traits are moderate (60%). I'm very surprised I didn't score maximum in Alienated. I might have misunderstood a question or two.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 11:14 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fairfield wrote:

I feel so boring on all these tests. :(

I'm not sure what's missing because in real life I have significant "everything".
Maybe I read the questions too literally?

There was one about doing something on a weekly basis (?! lol - who thinks that way?) but I do it on a daily basis or hourly basis (can't remember the question) so I said no.

It's hard for me to do those sliding scale things too. Most of the time I feel neutral but that's a flatline.

I could see a lot of the questions being worded in a way that's not great for autistic people. I answered "Strongly agree" to the question you mentioned ("I recall negative experiences from past relationships weekly") even though I do that all day, everyday, because I deciphered that they didn't specifically mean weekly, but just meant to ask if people spend more time than usual dwelling on those experiences.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 11:15 am

Fairfield wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
Fairfield wrote:

I don't know if my response came off as rude, but I didn't mean it rude? I meant "funsies" just as like anyone in general taking it for fun, because people take tests like these just out of curiosity sometimes. I also wasn't saying you have those things, those are just two disorders that came to mind that would probably earn "agree/strongly agree" responses from the questions for the categories you mentioned.

Rude? f**k no, not in the slightest. I was just trying to say that the only reason I did the test was because you are the OP, I probably wouldn't of bothered if it had been someone else.

And I know you weren't diagnosing me, I was just joking as you were spot on nevertheless.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 11:25 am

Recidivist wrote:
Rude? f**k no, not in the slightest. I was just trying to say that the only reason I did the test was because you are the OP, I probably wouldn't of bothered if it had been someone else.

And I know you weren't diagnosing me, I was just joking as you were spot on nevertheless.

OH okay, good. I'm glad I didn't come off as rude. lmaoo

Also, me thinking that you thought I was being mean is so on brand for this thread and it's making me laugh. :lol: