Anyone else on Pregabalin(Lyrica) for GAD and other things.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

yurguardianangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 May 2023, 5:59 am

I've have extremely debilitating vestibular migraines since 2018,that last anything up to 10 days.
Also severe GAD and panic disorder,C-PTSD,phobias and depression.

My neurologist suggested to take this for the vestibular migraine prevention.
With help through my doctor he said it's also used for GAD and panic disorder.

I've tried it about 5 times now.

It stopped the vestibular migraines from triggering. And greatly helped the severe anxiety and panic attacks after about 2 weeks.

However I took it wrong at first. Just 25mg at night.
And the next day it troughed and I had very severe deep depression,extreme anger issues and rage(smashing things up) and bad thoughts.

So I explained it to the doctor. And he said it's meant to be taken 2-3 times a day.

So this time around I'm taking 2x 25mg. At 11pm and 11am.
Which strangely gives me increased anxiety and panic attacks in the day. As well as heavy sedation and dizziness when it properly kicks in after 2 hours. And wanting to sleep throughout the day.

Also brain fog(terrible memory and confusion) and somewhat numbed emotions.
As well as dry mouth,headache,sweating,blurry vision,raging hunger,constipation.
I only been trying it less than a week at 2x 25mg.
But horrible side effects.

The horrible thing if I don't take it by 11am or sometimes before that. I get really horrible depression coming on till it kicks in.

The doctors are quite useless and won't give me any advice.

How long roughly will these awful side effects last?
I give it a month before I quit and want to try something else.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jul 2023, 4:04 am

I never tried Lyrica but I've been on Neurontin/Gabapentin for 12 years now which is kinda similar to Lyrica but less potent than Lyrica. I take it for OCD & it helps with my obsessions & compulsions. It stops my thoughts from getting caught in a loop & keeps my urges to act on certain thoughts in check but it doesn't really have an effect on my anxiety. The med Buspar/Buspirone helps my anxiety alot thou. The combo of the two meds works well for me & I haven't noticed side-effects from those meds except Buspar makes me bruise easily. My girlfriend also takes Neurontin for her OCD but also partly for pain. She's on the same dose as me, 400mg 3x a day. It helps with her OCD some & helps her pain a tiny bit. We're kinda wondering if Lyrica might work better but Cass is hesitant to try because she gets more depressed when her OCD is treated too well & her OCD flares up when her depression is treated too well. Things have to be balanced just rite for her. My OCD & depression kinda play off each other & treating one well helps manage the other. My mom has pain issues & takes 300mg of Neurontin before bed to help her sleep. Mom is very sensitive to drowsiness side-effects of meds & doesn't want to try increasing her dose.

I'd suggest trying Lyrica a tad longer but if your still experiencing bad side-effects, tell the doc it's not working out & ask about trying Neurontin if you haven't tried that yet. If you try it, I'd suggest sticking with a very low dose for a while like 100mg 2 or 3x a day & increase very slowly.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

autistic_parent
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jul 2023, 11:56 am

I used to take Pregabalin (=Lyrica), 175 and it was really pleasant. No side effects, also no measurable anxyolytic effect, just pleasant. Sleep and mediation came much easier.

Then I discontinued for a few years, now on it again, but it doesn't seem to do anything anymore, neither positive nor negative. WIll probably discontinue. A bit disappointed, had such nice memories about it.