Is Being A Single Financially Independent Aspie Possible?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2023, 11:00 am

might think that if amongst your people that accept you and you may mistakenly call friends in your peer group,
they and others might quietly envy you to the point that they would be willing to do harm to your or your loved ones "to not have to see you as being much more successful than themselves", People less fortunate than yourself that you mistakenly have sympathy for . And these people see themselves as being more deserving than you. And likely may be subject to jeolously as NTs or ? aspie? Have been through and seen such things , on smaller and larger levels. And these situations can develop over shorter or much longer periods of time. Even amongst family members
whom you might be suspect of .Was once very successful on a personal scale ,but had several people ,i cared for that
I was not aware of their actual mentalities. And pretty much lost everything at one point in life.Due to circumstances.
imho...(Beware ongoing hardcore appearing alkies and chronic drug users )Let professionals help these people,regardless of their stories. Aspies seem to make good targets from what I understand from these experiences.

where ever you go ,there you are

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2023, 11:45 am

The problem is that the term "Financial Independence" has different connotations.

Do you mean as in you can support yourself from your own work income without assistance from parents or government?

Do you mean that you have enough passive income from investments that you don't need to work.

If you mean the former, then I am a single financially independent aspie. Granted I own a 2 bedroom condo but it is fully paid for (no mortgage) and a 15 year old vehicle (don't care what the person at the street corner thinks of my ride). My cloths are basic too (mostly bought at Walmart).

Now, if you mean the later, I am not there yet but working on it and should be there by retirement.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2023, 1:41 pm

I recently retired because I can live comfortably off my investment portfolio.
But, I've never been officially diagnosed as an Aspie. I've come to the conclusion that a better explanation of my social difficulties is that I'm transgender and need to present as female to exchange the proper body language cues.

Campingbare
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Oct 2023, 4:54 pm

I didn't KNOW I was an Aspie back then (just knew I was weird), but from graduating college at 22 till getting married at 40, I was financially independent. So I guess it is possible.

Meyer-Briggs: INTP Comorbidities: Narcolepsy, NPD, Alexithemia, Dyspraxia, Prosopagnosia, Anomia, IBS
........................If God meant for us to go around naked, we'd have been born that way........................

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2023, 5:06 pm

It certainly is possible. And it is more likely that an aspie is going to be high(er) functioning than some other types of autism, which sometimes translates into financial stability.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2023, 10:24 pm

seems many Aspies of various stripes conceptualize a good work ethic as being a path to success , and often it Will be, for them. As it makes sense to them ..! Seems these days harder to find people that have a good work ethic.
For many employers . From talking to various business owners , i have known. :mrgreen:

where ever you go ,there you are

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2023, 7:19 am

Managers are now prioritizing coming into the office every day as opposed to working from home.
This is a good time for those of us who can do that.
I ran into issues with customers in other time zones who wanted help outside working hours.
My boss wanted me to do a full day of work in the office no matter what.
Time in the chair versus helping the customer.

His time in the office was abysmal. He got Covid twice. If there was a Zoom meeting late he'd come in late.
I got a big check from unused PTO when I retired. :D