Your fondest memories playing Pokemon games

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2023, 3:55 pm

Way back when Heart Gold and Soul Silver were still new, I would take an Action Replay and give myself 999 of every item. After clearing the Johto and Kanto regions, I'd get to filling out the pokedex. When there was a Pokémon I couldn't find in either of my games, I would take a fossil and get it resurrected into a living, but long extinct Pokémon. I would then give it a Master Ball to hold and send it to the global trade system after requesting what Pokémon I wanted in return and wait a day.

So many many many many many many many many players were requesting a Shaymin for their Pokemon (I don't know how since you need to see one to request one), but I was more reasonable and generous. I slowly filled out my pokedex while lucky traders got a free Master Ball in return.

Those days are long gone now.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2023, 4:06 pm

I got a really bad leg cramp almost immediately after beating the last battle against the Elite 4 while playing Pokémon Red through No$GBC.

I think it took me > 40 hours to beat the game but it was really fun to play through.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

PatientJellyfish95
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2023, 3:31 am

I’ve had loads of fun with Pokémon violet. Despite it being a glitchy mess, messing around with my party in picnics has been some of the most fun I’ve ever had with Pokémon.

magicantian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 May 2023, 7:37 am

I’m young so gen 7 was my first, and I would play it with a childhood friend who I don’t know anymore. Makes me sad to think about but it happens. Gen 7 still holds a very special place in my heart because of that.

Gen 9 did bring back some of that good old fun cause I really did care about the story (and characters? Liking Pokémon for its human characters? Unheard of…) and the Pokémon were weird and original and I liked that.

I got a used copy of Pokémon Platinum which I’m 90% sure was hacked cause I got way too many shines and Pokerus(?!) from that copy but its still fun to play with cause of these ridiculous chances.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2023, 8:05 am

Cons of growing up in a fundie Christian household: Pokemon was the devil.

I was like 18 by the time my sister (5 years younger) convinced mom to get us some Pokemon games.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2023, 11:49 am

colliegrace wrote:
Cons of growing up in a fundie Christian household: Pokemon was the devil.

I was like 18 by the time my sister (5 years younger) convinced mom to get us some Pokemon games.

Ah, the whole Pokemon is Satanic craze. They always seem to accuse everything fun as being evil. I remember this preacher talking about starter Pokemon and he was like "Choose Jesus as your starter". Any kid who did that would likely lose friends and get beat up on the playground.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2023, 12:34 pm

More important for the Christian Pokémon trainer, who would Jesus choose?

Just remember your WWJC bracelet when picking a starter Pokémon. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 7:21 am

Way back in 2001, I was playing Silver fighting the Ecruteak gym leader, Morty. He had beaten every pokemon on my team except my recently-hatched level ~7 Togepi, and he still had two Haunters and a Gengar left. However, since this was gen 2 and fairy type did not exist yet, Morty did not have any attacking moves that could damage my Togepi. Togepi's only moves were Growl/Charm/Metronome. Morty's only way to damage me was Curse--which meant with Gen 2's AI that he would select that move even if it would KO his own mon. He spammed Curse, I spammed Metronome, until finally little Togepi came out on top against three pokemon more than twice its level. Little Togepi gained 10 levels worth of experience and has been a favorite of me ever since.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides