I've lost any desire to interact with people

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2023, 1:17 am

Not that I had a ton of that to begin with, I've always been pretty introverted.

Maybe it's partly because I may be heading into my summer blues (reverse seasonal depression), but I just.... really want to self isolate.

And maybe it's also cuz I work customer service, so I really do not want to socialize after spending the entire day around hundreds of people and being forced to pretend I'm happy they're in the store.

But even with friends, I just figure..... why bother? None of the people I want to be closest to feel the same. My closest friend group doesn't care about me the way I care about them and my sister doesn't either. Why even put myself out there. Why can't I become a hermit.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2023, 1:23 am

It's likely that seasonal depression and burnout are contributing to how you feel.

I speak from experience in this regard.

Becoming a hermit is great until you realize you actually do need other people in your life. :cry:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2023, 8:31 pm

Currently the depresh is rather heavy and I'm thinking of dropping out of everyone's lives and just doing the bare minimum socially.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2023, 12:23 am

colliegrace wrote:
Not that I had a ton of that to begin with, I've always been pretty introverted.

Maybe it's partly because I may be heading into my summer blues (reverse seasonal depression), but I just.... really want to self isolate.

And maybe it's also cuz I work customer service, so I really do not want to socialize after spending the entire day around hundreds of people and being forced to pretend I'm happy they're in the store.

But even with friends, I just figure..... why bother? None of the people I want to be closest to feel the same. My closest friend group doesn't care about me the way I care about them and my sister doesn't either. Why even put myself out there. Why can't I become a hermit.

I feel your pain.

The start of summer always been a CD major setback for several reasons.

1. As much as I try to forget, dad died 2 weeks before his 51st Birthday from cancer of the liver, nearly 40 years ago. While we didn’t get along, that kind of pain he suffered physically was unbearable. He member had a chance to see his grandkids.

2. My birthday came 3 weeks after we buried him. What’s worse, the only close friend I had, a Shetland Sheepdog, died the week after we buried Dad. Of course, I got blamed for both deaths, even though they both had cancer. Considering I was living in Chicago at the time, I never had the chance to say goodbye.