Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 8:26 pm

For me, ever since an incident a few years ago, I just feel that people dislike me and tend to assume that is the case. Made worse by some stuff that happened with my friend group last year, that eventually led to me being hospitalized briefly.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 9:17 pm

Yes, i also feel like this a lot. I am always hyperaware of everything that could go wrong in a convo or social situation. It is exhauating.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2023, 2:29 am

colliegrace wrote:
For me, ever since an incident a few years ago, I just feel that people dislike me and tend to assume that is the case. Made worse by some stuff that happened with my friend group last year, that eventually led to me being hospitalized briefly.

Yes. I seem to have a fear of not being liked. It might be because of how I was treated in my adolescent years by my peers, where most of them hated me for being me, and made me feel worthless. I don't think they hated me (only one or two did) but they certainly didn't like me much.

I am always likeable offline and I do admit people do like me, but I do get hypersensitive to people's thoughts and feelings so if someone doesn't like me much I can feel it like pain and it gets to me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2023, 2:43 am

I assume that people dislike me and I am never disappointed -- sometimes, I am pleasantly surprised!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2023, 10:18 am

Sometimes assumptions are: natural, involuntary or subconscious

Unless you are telepathic you don't know what someone else is thinking

It is not possible to measure "self esteem"

Quite frankly I think that almost everyone has *way* :evil: too much :twisted: self esteem. "Most people" that I have interacted with, in my opinion, acted like they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. They talked too much and too loud. They ask "why" only about things they did not like or understand. They acted like they had a moral "right" to be happy at all times and whenever they are not happy it proves that someone violated their "rights"

"If you can't beat them join them"

catpiecakebutter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jun 2023, 6:25 pm

I think I might possibly not like myself at all. When I told my friend that it's easier for me to like someone else instead of myself she said I'm being lazy but I don't agree with her.

mrpieceofwork
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2023, 11:13 pm

Most my life

My text only website
https://rawtext.club/~mrpieceofwork/
"Imagine Life Without Money"

Penelope_Longstocking
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jun 2023, 11:53 pm

Mine is okay because I do a lot of sports and I'm a triplet. When i'm not doing sports or I'm not with my sisters it can be worse sometimes because I don't know what to talk about and I think a lot of people think I'm weird.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2023, 2:35 am

Fnord wrote:
I assume that people dislike me and I am never disappointed -- sometimes, I am pleasantly surprised!

This, mostly.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2023, 2:30 am

Do you mean: Do I assume or often believe that people don't like me, or wouldn't like me if they met me?

I don't really think about that. I am anxious about and find it difficult to talk to people, but it's because I'm worried about offending them, and worried that it will be awkward and I will have to deal with the awkwardness, or I am imposing the awkwardness onto the other person and making them uncomfortable. Or that I will get angry.

But I find that I don't worry about what people think of me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2023, 3:50 am

i am used to people looking askance at me and not giving me a chance to be their friend. but that doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt. just useta the pain is all.