Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 5:43 am

Republicans have forced anti-drag laws onto the American public.
Those found violating the anti-drag law face misdemeanor charges in the first instance, punishable by a fine up to $2,500 and/or up to a year in jail. Those found for subsequent violations face a felony charge, punishable by up to six years in jail.
https://www.npr.org/2023/03/06/11614521 ... lgbtq-laws
So...can this law be applied retrospectively?

How about Marjorie Taylor Greene's boyfriend

Or Rudi Giuliani and Donald Trump?

Throw them in jail! where is DeSatan when you need him

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2023, 2:47 am

cyberdad wrote:

When he was Mayor of NYC he on occasion dressed in drag for certain events. That was not hidden, the local media published the pictures and showed the videos.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2023, 2:58 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
When he was Mayor of NYC he on occasion dressed in drag for certain events. That was not hidden, the local media published the pictures and showed the videos.

What a load of garbage. Where were these cancel culture anti-drag republicans when all this was happening on mainstream TV in the living room of conservative families.

Marjorie Taylor Greene is the worst! she wants them jailed. yet she dated a man who did this regularly.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2023, 4:25 am

Which states have made drag illegal?

What I've read about is the performances around and for children.

I don't know about most people, but I couldn't care less what gays and transexuals do between consenting adults. But I am outraged when they do performances for children. When they do that, they are abandoning all decency and should go to jail or prison for indecencies with a child and, in some cases, sexual assault of a child.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2023, 4:45 am

Just one day ago
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a new anti-drag show bill, SB 1438, into law last week along with three other bills that place severe restrictions, or in some cases, outright ban gender-affirming care, where transgender people can use the bathroom and more.
https://www.pnj.com/story/news/politics ... 246575007/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2023, 5:13 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

What a load of garbage. Where were these cancel culture anti-drag republicans when all this was happening on mainstream TV in the living room of conservative families.

At first, people were a bit shocked because it was him, but they understood it was joke, he is not trans. It is also New York a progressive city, and a city where seeing "weird" things are the norm.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2023, 2:00 am

kokopelli wrote:
Which states have made drag illegal?

What I've read about is the performances around and for children.

I don't know about most people, but I couldn't care less what gays and transexuals do between consenting adults. But I am outraged when they do performances for children. When they do that, they are abandoning all decency and should go to jail or prison for indecencies with a child and, in some cases, sexual assault of a child.

What, exactly, do you mean by "indecencies" in this context? Is any defiance of gender norms an "indecency," even if it is not sexual/erotic?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2023, 2:04 am

A man in a "dress" talking to little children . . .

There is nothing wrong with that.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2023, 2:16 am

Some background on "Drag (Queen) Story Hour":

Apparently, this U.S.-style "culture war" has found its way over to the U.K. Here are some relevant Guardian articles:

- Friday briefing: Our new US-style culture war battlefield? Drag Queen Story Hour, August 12, 2022
- ‘I’m just trying to make the world a little brighter’: how the culture wars hijacked Drag Queen Story Hour, August 11, 2022

And here is a more-recent U.S.-based story, from the Los Angeles Times: How drag queen story hours became a target of right-wing attacks, February 22, 2023

And here is the About page of the Drag Story Hour website.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2023, 11:04 pm

I think the part that becomes confusing is why there is a need to let the children, or anyone else in on the fact that they are in drag. If the goal is simply to be true to oneself, ones gender, etc... Why not just offer to read a book to the kids? I'm sure there are plenty of people who defy gender norms everyday, don't you think?

If they have been assigned as male at birth, feel they are actually female. They get up, do the typical female stuff and go about their way. Same with the people born female, feel they are male.

What I have noticed is the females who identify as male are much more interested in 'passing' as male. Many males who identify as female seem interested in people knowing they are male and are dressing as a female. That is odd to me, as it seems that the reaction from others is more what they are after. If it's confusing to me, I'm sure it's confusing to children. I don't understand the desire to confuse others vs. just wanting to connect to others.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Quantum duck
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jun 2023, 6:27 pm

There is a difference between a drag performer and a transsexual.

A drag performer is a male with a female “character” persona. - mascot story time, storybook character story time, clown story time (ok, that might be too scary)

A transsexual is a person who feels that their gender does not match the gender they were assigned at birth and chooses to live as a different gender.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2023, 10:20 pm

Quantum duck wrote:

A drag performer is a male with a female “character” persona. - mascot story time, storybook character story time, clown story time (ok, that might be too scary)

A transsexual is a person who feels that their gender does not match the gender they were assigned at birth and chooses to live as a different gender.

Then why is it considered bigoted to reject 'drag' if they are not a legitimate part of LGBTQ, they are just performers?

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2023, 10:35 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Quantum duck wrote:
There is a difference between a drag performer and a transsexual.  A drag performer is a male with a female “character” persona. - mascot story time, storybook character story time, clown story time (ok, that might be too scary).  A transsexual is a person who feels that their gender does not match the gender they were assigned at birth and chooses to live as a different gender.
Then why is it considered bigoted to reject 'drag' if they are not a legitimate part of LGBTQ, they are just performers?
It is bigotry because it expresses hatred and intolerance for activities that the bigot finds strange and considers immoral.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2023, 12:59 am

Fnord wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Quantum duck wrote:
There is a difference between a drag performer and a transsexual.  A drag performer is a male with a female “character” persona. - mascot story time, storybook character story time, clown story time (ok, that might be too scary).  A transsexual is a person who feels that their gender does not match the gender they were assigned at birth and chooses to live as a different gender.
It is bigotry because it expresses hatred and intolerance for activities that the bigot finds strange and considers immoral.

Sounds like simple preference to me. People typically pay to see a drag show if a drag show is what they would like to see. A public library is free, a place many people go to enjoy books that they cannot afford to buy. Or to entertain their children in a safe environment. Maybe it's the only place they can afford to go... They must opt out on drag story hour day?

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2023, 1:04 am

Quantum duck wrote:

So to dress in Drag is a choice? Unlike Transsexualism, which is not a choice.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2023, 3:56 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Quantum duck wrote:
Sounds like simple preference to me. People typically pay to see a drag show if a drag show is what they would like to see. A public library is free, a place many people go to enjoy books that they cannot afford to buy. Or to entertain their children in a safe environment. Maybe it's the only place they can afford to go... They must opt out on drag story hour day?
It is one thing to say, "That is not for me.  I think I will opt out."; it is quite another to say, "That is immoral to me, so I think I will do anything I can to prevent it from happening."