Tommy Robinson's Banned Documentary "Silenced" is Leaked

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 2:07 am

Oh I don't dispute the statistics (I am quite sure there is a lot of islamophobia and racism among white people). What has happened is that as the population of muslim kids in schools increase they have each other's back and are capable of retaliating. At least what I've seen in my experience is muslim males are quite capable of defending themselves.

Does that make it ok to be islamaphobic? of course not.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 2:10 am

^ It’s such a widespread problem that most likely many do not have the level of support you are implying. There are plenty of accounts which demonstrate that. Even if they did, bullying is not okay. It could make kids uncomfortable or even scared around people who aren’t members of their group.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 02 Jun 2023, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 2:12 am

Retaliating against what? The bullying from other kids?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 2:14 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

In recent times. My daughter's school there are muslim boys who get into fights but often its instigated by other boys. But the muslim boys quite happily defend themselves and seem quite self-confident.

Last edited by cyberdad on 02 Jun 2023, 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 2:15 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
^ It’s such a widespread problem that most likely many do not have the level of support you are implying. There are plenty of accounts which demonstrate that. Even if they did, bullying is not okay. It could make kids uncomfortable or even scared around people who aren’t members of their group.

Agreed

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 2:16 am

Retaliation is never a good idea. Self defense is something different and is completely justifiable. Retaliating typically just leads to more problems - punishment and even ostracism.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 2:18 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Retaliation is never a good idea. Self defense is something different and is completely justifiable. Retaliating typically just leads to more problems - punishment and even ostracism.

I think for younger kids it's natural to want to retaliate. They sort out the ethics later.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 2:19 am

cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

I think for younger kids it's natural to want to retaliate. They sort out the ethics later.

I didn’t see much of that when I was working as an elementary school teacher. It happens more in middle school.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 2:20 am

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

In recent times. My daughter's school there are muslim boys who get into fights but often it’s instigated by other boys. But the muslim boys quite happily defend themselves and seem quite self-confident.

This is, at least, your perception of it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 2:21 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

I didn’t see much of that when I was working as an elementary school teacher. It happens more in middle school.

You are probably right. Teachers have a tough job moderating behaviour.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 2:23 am

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

In recent times. My daughter's school there are muslim boys who get into fights but often its instigated by other boys. But the muslim boys quite happily defend themselves and seem quite self-confident.

I didn't think physical fighting was allowed in college.

Are you saying other boys start these fights, but it's the Muslims who protect themselves who are a problem?

:scratch:

If a boy physically attacked your daughter what would you want her to do?

Also wait, aren't they "men" by that age?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 3:42 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

In my daughter's school (as with most highschools) physical fights break out. My daughter gets into fights with girls mostly and has been bitten, scratched and punched. There was a boy who punched my daughter (he was trying to impress one of my daughter's bullies) but he lied afterward. Infact kids lie all the time. As my daughter tells me there is a code of silence and the teachers have no idea. This is what I was trying to explain to Twighlight princess that survey data is not going to be 100% accurate.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 3:48 am

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

In my daughter's school (as with most highschools) physical fights break out. My daughter gets into fights with girls mostly and has been bitten, scratched and punched. There was a boy who punched my daughter (he was trying to impress one of my daughter's bullies) but he lied afterward. Infact kids lie all the time. As my daughter tells me there is a code of silence and the teachers have no idea. This is what I was trying to explain to Twighlight princess that survey data is not going to be 100% accurate.

You don't need to "explain" anything to me. :roll: I know how surveys/data work. The numbers may indeed be much higher because there is shame involved when it comes to reporting bullying, perhaps especially among boys.

Actually, teachers know much more about what's going on than kids realize although certainly not everything.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 3:52 am

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Not to change the subject, but didn't your daughter start college early?
Now I'm curious to ask my daughter if there were physical fights in her high school.
I'm not doubting you, I'm just incredulous that it happens.
Maybe a shove here and there, but I can't imagine physical fights past middle school.

If data isn't accurate that means there's even more bullying against Islamic males.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 3:57 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
If data isn't accurate that means there's even more bullying against Islamic males.

Exactly.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 4:00 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

She went and told the teacher and he told him to "keep his hands to himself". When I confronted the headmaster he claimed nobody witnessed the event (including the teacher she reported the incident to) and to make matters worse, when I lodged a written complaint they claimed the boy involved was a better character than my daughter because she has autism so they were less likely to believe her.

She only has a few more months to complete at this school so I told her try to survive till you graduate.