Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 10:02 am

mmmmmkay. it'd show up in the family though...

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2007, 10:40 am

^Yeah, I thought about that too. Malcolm doesn't seem to have it at all, from what I've seen. Don't know much about the rest of the family, except that their older brother was in the Easybeats and the whole family was very musically inclined. So nothing really concrete to go on, I agree. But there's just something about how he communicates that always struck me as aspie-ish.

Snoopy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2007, 11:23 am

Marilyn Manson Ozzy Osbourne Angelina Jolie. They are all eccentric and brilliant in their lines of work .

Last edited by Snoopy on 22 Aug 2007, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 11:58 am

MDylan wrote:
Asparval wrote:
Why do we always do this?

We don't need to be geniuses or famous to prove we are worthwhile human beings.

Your everyday, bog standard, ordinary aspie is worth celebrating too.

Lets make a list of those:

Tim Collett (me)

no offense tim.....i didnt know it made you feel bad to see a list of successful people.... it must hurt..... but do you mind not using the word "we" and including yourself with me? thanks man......feel better now!

No problem, I've not taken offence. Consider it a 'royal we'. It doesn't make me feel bad to see a list of successful people; I'm succesful at being me.

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2007, 12:30 pm

unnamed wrote:
Postperson wrote:
Angus Young? whats autistic about him?

He's always been really focused on the guitar, and he's admitted that he's pretty anti-social and likes to stay at home and paint instead of party, etc. I've seen a lot of interviews with him, and he comes across as very flat and monotone. I could see where he'd have aspie potential.

Angus Young isn't that great of a guitar player... I hope he's a lot better than what he has shown us with AC/DC.. I am better than that...

I consider myself a genius!! !! ! The creator type.

onefourninezero
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2007, 12:44 pm

unnamed wrote:
onefourninezero wrote:
Shivani wrote:
Musical genius = Craig Nicholls.

He's hardly a genius.

I find it hysterically funny that folks here love to spend time listing emotionally disturbed dead people who "might be aspie" and then reject a guy who's actually been diagnosed with AS!

If that was directed to me, I did neither. I was merely saying I don't consider him to be a genius it doesn't mean he's completely talentless.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 3:58 pm

Possibly Nikola Tesla. I think it's pretty cool that there are geniuses who may have had AS because it shows what we can be capable of.

squatterandtheant
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 8:09 pm

Raymond Babbit

Last edited by squatterandtheant on 22 Aug 2007, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

SunChild1969
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Aug 2007, 1:03 am

unnamed wrote:

I find Craig Nicholls to be a musical genius. He's able to seamlessly mix the musical influences of four decades without duplicating or sampling. To me, that's groundbreaking. I consider him a genius at sound engineering.

Craig Nicholls is a musical genius to me as well. The way he mixes the psychadelic harmonies of the 60s with the harshness of 90s rock and comes up with something so beautiful just amazes me. He has a lot of influences, but his work is truly individual, he never tries to replicate anyone elses style but his own. Every song he writes reflects his own unique way of seeing the world. I find his lyrics very insightful and uplifting. Anyone who says his music is just "standard rock songs" obviously needs to listen more closely. :wink:

psychotic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Aug 2007, 1:45 am

no matter how closely you look, standard rock songs will still be standard rock songs :)

MarieElana
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2007, 8:04 am

I see this as "Let's stand around and speculate what mental disorders historical figures may have!"

Also I never hear about newton in art, maybe more in science class x:

AspieShane
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Dec 2014, 8:30 am

If you read The Complete Guide To Asperger's Syndrome by the Australian Asperger World Authority, he mentions one of his clients as a rock musician who has been at the top of his field on the world stage for decades. He doesn't mention who the musician is. Every interview I've seen with Angus Young, the first thing that strikes me is that he appears slightly drunk and slurred and monotoned in speech. It doean't have to necessarily run in the family. I'm an aspie but my direct family are not. It's possible that the drunken slurring could be as a result of his headbanging on stage for the last 40 years, but he definetly seems to have some sort of 'something'!

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 11:37 pm

MDylan wrote:
id like to see a list of famous or genius aspergers people......anybody know of any?
I hear some might be BILL GATES, EINSTIEN, JEFFERSON, and I just diagnosed Angus Young from AC/DC ........

Don't see the point of speculating on historical figures or people who have never been diagnosed, but I'm a bit interested to know about key figures today who are on the spectrum. Could care less about celebrities, they're not really "key figures".

I do have three awesome examples from physics who have actually published together for a while now: Vilenkin, Guth, and Borde. They're credited for proving that entropy rules out inflation and deflation cycles, and for compiling old and new evidence to make the most solid case yet for an inflationary universe and a single big bang event. Their publications are awesome, and even if you can't grasp the math there are enough basic principles mentioned for it to be understandable. Very accessible use of language and at the same time they have been critically acclaimed as the foremost proponents of the inflationary model today.

Maybe I don't really know about autistic celebrities but that sounds like a hell of an accomplished team of guys to me. Come to think of it though, if I had to throw my hat in the ring for someone from a while ago who may have been autistic, I would have to say that Gabriel Faure is a hell of a name to lay claim to:

Gabriel Urbain Fauré (12 May 1845 -- 4 November 1924)