Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 4:46 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
If you want to make it as a livestreamer these days, you got to have safe, inoffensive content that's advertiser friendly. You gotta be basic. You gotta be generic. You gotta be artificial. You gotta be boring. Political correctness is going too far that free speech and comedy are being threatened. You can't be edgy. You can't take off your shirt on camera if you're a guy. You can't use certain words or phrases. You probably can't even swear anymore. For god's sake, they banned the term Blind Playthrough so it wouldn't offend blind people. It's only a matter of time before YouTube catches up.

Good news is Livestreamers have stood up and said enough is enough. A lot of them are threatening to leave the platform.

I tried Twitch but I never saw the appeal. Youtube used to be good years ago, but it has become too mainstream and monetised. It feels to me, more corporate-like versus 5 or 10 years ago.

I use YouTube quite a lot. It has its ups and downs, but yeah, it's less about the users and more about pleasing corporations. What were they thinking getting rid of the dislike button?

They probably got rid of it due to snowflakes crying when their video received dislikes. :skull: :lol:

They say it was so that YouTube's annual rewind videos would stop getting disliked to hell and for movie studios who make box office poison to stop getting their movie trailers disliked to hell. The downsides are scams can run rampant because the dislikes showed us what was legit or not. Bad content creators can ignore the dislikes (because only they can see them and we can't) and double down on making more garbage instead of getting better. We're living in a world where it's the audience's fault and not the creator's. The audience are bigots because they just don't get real art, nevermind that certain creators have no talent to tell a compelling story with good characters.

Oh, okay. I didn't know some of this. Interesting!

Sugaredquills
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Aug 2023, 3:59 pm

Twitch has weird and annoying people on it. They can be very rude.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 4:52 pm

Sugaredquills wrote:
Twitch has weird and annoying people on it. They can be very rude.

I think that goes for most of social media.