Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2023, 11:02 am

SharonB wrote:
@bee33, thanks for sharing details. My daughter has dark hair and is in middle school and in a conforming stage big time (including neutral clothing colors). I have blonde hair so I don't know all the options. For facial hair, I have suggested waxing and lotion but did not know about bleaching. For other areas, a friend recently suggested electric razor and I have a home laser hair-removal kit. As for the permanent removal, what if social norms changed or she wanted hair later in life? As if?
There is hair bleach that is made just for that purpose.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 4:00 am

I feel people take notice of minute details on people. One time I had a scab on my legs and I was wearing shorts, and so many people (mostly women) looked down at my leg as they walked by.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 4:24 am

If I could get rid of my body hair once and it was gone, that would be great.

But the constant shaving/waxing/cream is boring! So I only do it when it gets really annoying/too hot. I don't do anything bikini related, I am a woman, not a topiary hedge. I like the fact that I seem so prim and proper on the outside but underneath I'm a wild, hairy beast! :lol:

Women tend to notice other women's hair, I don't think men really care.

WilliamK1997
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jun 2023, 5:08 am

I want my facial hair or at least my moustache permanently removed, people will say I’m not ugly but I think it’s made life a little bit tough for me in the past

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 5:17 am

As a bitter bald man I advise people to grow it wherever they can.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2023, 11:43 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
xxSkull_Princessxx wrote:
I hate having body hair. I shave it off almost daily. Maybe someday I can get laser hair removal, especially since I'm the ideal candidate for the procedure (fair skin with dark hair).

Fair enough I think the important thing is it being your choice, like you shouldn't feel obligated to remove it for other people, but if you personally do not like it's just as valid to want to remove it as it is to want to keep it.

I remember when I was 15 I was wearing shorts with unshaven leg hair showing. I went to a friend's house one day who had little brothers and sisters, and after I came home my friend's mum phoned my mum, expressing concern about me going around in shorts with unshaved hair and that she was concerned about her little ones seeing it, like it was rude or inappropriate or something.

That's how much of a fuss my culture makes about a female with unshaven body hair, it's a huge deal and in a way we don't have a choice unless we really don't care about ridicule. But I don't like being ridiculed.

I don't like being ridiculed either, but goddamn my legs my freaking choice...plus I have sensitive skin so whenever I have shaved my legs in the past they just break out in a bunch of gross red bumps so yeah I think my legs are more attractive with leaving the hair and avoiding the gross red bumps from shaving it..

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2023, 4:23 am

I have very little body hair and rarely shaved. I don't think people would notice if I quit shaving. But I do clean up a bit before going swimming or special event. I know quite a few ladies with no body hair at all and never owned a razor. :D

WilliamK1997

02 Jul 2023, 4:35 am

As a man, I want to get rid of my facial hair permanently with laser treatment, my sister talked me out of it twice but some of the times where i've been made fun of for my appearance was when I had facial hair.

is it true that laser treatment can damage or scar your skin? that was part of why I was talked out of it.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2023, 4:44 am

WilliamK1997 wrote:
As a man, I want to get rid of my facial hair permanently with laser treatment, my sister talked me out of it twice but some of the times where i've been made fun of for my appearance was when I had facial hair.

is it true that laser treatment can damage or scar your skin? that was part of why I was talked out of it.

I had laser treatment on my back. I noticed my back was getting hairy in my 40s and I was sufficiently vain to do something about it. Scarring is a possibility, but very unlikely… more of a problem if you have it on your face, though. It’s quite painful. It’s like someone twanging an elastic band against your skin. One twang is OK, but after an hour of it when your skin is getting red and hot… ouch. If it was on your face you’d have to stay in for a few days afterwards as you’ll look like a tomato. Maybe what they do on your face is less severe, or maybe the technology has moved on.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

WilliamK1997

02 Jul 2023, 4:50 am

Trueno wrote:
WilliamK1997 wrote:

I had laser treatment on my back. I noticed my back was getting hairy in my 40s and I was sufficiently vain to do something about it. Scarring is a possibility, but very unlikely… more of a problem if you have it on your face, though. It’s quite painful. It’s like someone twanging an elastic band against your skin. One twang is OK, but after an hour of it when your skin is getting red and hot… ouch. If it was on your face you’d have to stay in for a few days afterwards as you’ll look like a tomato. Maybe what they do on your face is less severe, or maybe the technology has moved on.

Thanks for the heads up

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2023, 7:34 am

Trueno wrote:
I had laser treatment on my back. I noticed my back was getting hairy in my 40s and I was sufficiently vain to do something about it. Scarring is a possibility, but very unlikely…

You could just make up some cool reason for scarring on your back, like you were fighting off a bad guy or something :lol:

jared11235
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jul 2023, 8:48 pm

I'm a guy so maybe this thread is not for for me but I started shaving my legs a few years ago just out of curiosity. My parents were a bit concerned at first but they got over it. It seems people expect me to have a shaved face and hairy legs. But I would rather have a hairy face and shaved legs. I really enjoy the sensory aspects of smooth shaved legs. For example, climbing into bed with fresh linens and smooth legs feels wonderful. I have autism so I'm not supposed to understand the rules of society anyway so I'll just do what I want I guess.

For the ladies out there, if you decide to have hairy legs, you might catch me staring a little bit out of curiosity but mostly I'd be impressed that you made this very personal decision for yourself regardless of what anyone else thinks. Also, I can confirm that IPL hair removal works pretty good if you stick with it assuming you have dark hair and light skin. I have used IPL on what used to be very hairy armpits and now when I shave them there might only be the lightest fuzz a few months later.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2023, 6:31 am

I don't really go by the "do what you like, people will judge whatever you do" attitude. Although I do feel judged in public places just for being normal, I still feel it won't do me much justice for myself to encourage judgement.

It's like deciding to never wash your hands again because you pick up viruses and other germs anyway.

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2023, 8:04 am

The story about your friends mum ringing yours is absolutely baffling @Joe90. NPCs really do live amoung us.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2023, 2:35 am

WilliamK1997 wrote:

My housemate is trans and after years of badgering by me to get laser treatment (she was always accidentally cutting her face and dealing with a 5 o'clock shadow) she finally found a place close by that offered it for a reasonable price. At first she went every week to have it done. Her face was red for about an hour afterwards. Then the appointments were every fortnight, then once a month. She had her last treatment yesterday. She had the best combination of pale skin with dark hair. Now she looks more feminine.

I've wished that I could get laser treatment as I'm hairy but my facial hair is blonde and so it wouldn't work.

captaintash
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2023, 3:47 pm

I have a love hate relationship with body hair. I see other people rocking body hair and wish that I didn't hate mine. I have started letting my armpit hair grow, on and off over the last few years, but I still get anxious about it in public. My leg hair grows so sporadically that I am bald on the outer calf, which somehow makes me feel worse about not shaving. It looks like I've done half and left the rest.
I don't care too much about the main part of my pubic hair, but I have to rid myself of the over hang, as it were. I trim it but that's about it. I haven't got the energy to shave an area that even I don't see.
I have seen some mates with pit hair that just looks great, but I just feel like I look grubby.