Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 3:19 pm

For anyone who is interested in banning rattlesnake roundups.
Let’s stop this s**t show.
https://www.rattlesnakeroundups.com/

Texas has some traditions that need to go.There used to be a bounty on Comanche scalps.Hopefully not anymore.

They pour gas in the snake dens to evict them.
From the link.
Most snakes are caught by pumping gasoline into their dens, polluting land and water, and impacting up to 350 other wildlife species.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 3:35 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
That reminds me of the Garden of Eden because in the Bible one of the consequences for the snake leading Adam and Eve to sin was to go on its belly for all time or something like that.Personally I love rattlesnake roundups and I will always defend them as a practice. They are a true Texas tradition.I have been to many rattlesnake roundups.I also like to eat rattlesnake.I just think the less venomous snakes we have the better.I want there to be a very small population of rattlesnakes where I live because it decreases my chances of getting bit.One time I almost got bit by one.I plan on going to the Sweeetwater Rattlesnake Roundup with my sons and daughters if I ever am a dad.

I've got somewhat mixed feelings, like if you're in an area they aren't endangered or whatever I probably would not be super against a bit of hunting of them (even though I don't like it and would not partake). I am much more opposed to the idea of the roundup though because then it's about killing as many as you can...which could drive their numbers down too much. Then again if that happens, they might become a protected species and then people won't be able to hunt them at all.

Just out of curiosity though how did you almost get bit by one?

I was out hunting one night with my dad and we were hiking.I was following my dad.The next thing I know I see a snake right by my foot.I did not think it was venomous at first but then I saw the black and white stripes at the end of the tail which means it was a western diamondback rattlesnake.Also another time me and my dad were at the shooting range and there was a rattlesnake on the way to the target.The most recent time was several years ago I was out eating with my family and there was a rattlesnake at the restaurant.I doubt the snakes in Texas will ever become endangered because the Sweetwater, Texas Rattlesnake Roundup kills about only 1 percent of the population.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 4:14 pm

Killing for entertainment is wrong and evil.
In this violent time it teaches kids that it’s ok to kill something you don’t like or are afraid of it.
Tolerance would be a better lesson.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 4:28 pm

Misslizard wrote:
In this violent time it teaches kids that it’s ok to kill something you don’t like or are afraid of it.

Do you think all hunting is evil then?Like do you think hunting deer and rabbits is evil.Fun was not the only reason why I killed the deer and fish though.I think its okay to hunt animals for fun as long as its legal and humane.I guess me and you just have a different defininition of evil.I have killed a lot of animals but thats just me. Fun was not the only reason but it was a major reason why I killed all those animals.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 21 Jun 2023, 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mrpieceofwork
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 4:36 pm

*screaming inside*

My text only website
https://rawtext.club/~mrpieceofwork/
"Imagine Life Without Money"

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 4:40 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Do you think all hunting is evil then?Like do you think hunting deer and rabbits is evil.I have gunned down lots of animals for fun but thats just me.Fun was not the only reason why I killed the deer and fish though.I think its okay to hunt animals for fun as long as its legal and humane.I guess me and you just have a different defininition of evil.

Lol you have no idea how many deer I have dressed out.Most hunters don’t think it’s fun to kill.It’s to put good food on the table.If you enjoy killing for FUN, that’s sick.
They are making money of this and celebrating it.There also isn’t a bag limit as in turkey or deer.people don’t pour gas down burrows when deer hunting.
I have no problem with killing to eat, but not for entertainment.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 4:51 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Do you think all hunting is evil then?Like do you think hunting deer and rabbits is evil.I have gunned down lots of animals for fun but thats just me.Fun was not the only reason why I killed the deer and fish though.I think its okay to hunt animals for fun as long as its legal and humane.I guess me and you just have a different defininition of evil.

Lol you have no idea how many deer I have dressed out.Most hunters don’t think it’s fun to kill.It’s to put good food on the table.If you enjoy killing for FUN, that’s sick.
They are making money of this and celebrating it.There also isn’t a bag limit as in turkey or deer.people don’t pour gas down burrows when deer hunting.
I have no problem with killing to eat, but not for entertainment.

Fun was not the only reason why I killed all those animals.Meat was a big part of it too.People's lives are saved in Sweetwater, Texas because of the roundup and the roundup helps put a lot of good food on the table of the good citizens of Sweetwater, Texas. People would be missing their limbs if it were not that rattlesnake roundup.I know some rattlesnake hunters prolly lost limbs but the limbs of Sweetwater citizens were saved.The Texas parks and wildlife biologists have determined there is no need for bag limits and I think they are more qualified to speak on that matter because they are wildlife biologists.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 21 Jun 2023, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 4:55 pm

If you want to shoot for fun then shoot skeet.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 4:58 pm

Misslizard wrote:
If you want to shoot for fun then shoot skeet.

I dont have a 12 gauge for that.People make money from deer hunting too.I have celebrated the rattlesnake roundups too.The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department have determined that pouring gasoline is a legal and acceptable practice for hunting them here.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 5:11 pm

There is a limit on deer unless you are poaching.In this state it’s illegal to sell the meat you harvest but you can give it away or donate to a food bank.
People sell antlers , most people prefer to keep theirs.
If they think pouring gas down a hole is a good thing, well, they are idiots.
Other creatures use those dens.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 5:18 pm

Misslizard wrote:
There is a limit on deer unless you are poaching.In this state it’s illegal to sell the meat you harvest but you can give it away or donate to a food bank.
People sell antlers , most people prefer to keep theirs.
If they think pouring gas down a hole is a good thing, well, they are idiots.
Other creatures use those dens.

Fair enough.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 5:29 pm

Watch out for CWD when deer hunting.
https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outd ... /cwd-zones

I won’t eat venison anymore, many people quit hunting because of it.
It’s nasty and easily spread at food plots and salt or mineral blocks.
Prion disease like mad cow.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 5:47 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Watch out for CWD when deer hunting.
https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outd ... /cwd-zones

I won’t eat venison anymore, many people quit hunting because of it.
It’s nasty and easily spread at food plots and salt or mineral blocks.
Prion disease like mad cow.

Ya the first deer I saw my dad kill had it.Also Texas deer get anthrax.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 6:21 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department have determined that pouring gasoline is a legal and acceptable practice for hunting them here.

They can determine it's legal but that doesn't make it a good idea.

Remember (as an example), we used to use leaded gasoline; it was legal and acceptable but it also means multiple generational cohorts grew up with with effects of exposure to lead.

Being legal doesn't mean much besides that it's legal.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 6:31 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department have determined that pouring gasoline is a legal and acceptable practice for hunting them here.

Remember (as an example), we used to use leaded gasoline; it was legal and acceptable but it also means multiple generational cohorts grew up with with effects of exposure to lead.

The authorities in Texas have determined that pouring gasoline down rattlesnake dens is a effective way to hunt them.I trust their opinion on it because they are wildlife biologists funded by my tax dollars.Also, the rattlesnake hunters have permission from the ranchers to use gasoline on their land so I think the ranchers have a good idea of the situation too.to me legal is a general baseline indicator that something is moral according to Christianity generally.There are lots of exceptions but generally my philosophy that as long its legal its okay. I do disagree with the Texas Parks and Wildlife on some things too so they are not perfect.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 6:36 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

The authorities in Texas have determined that pouring gasoline down rattlesnake dens is a effective way to hunt them.I trust their opinion on it because they are wildlife biologists funded by my tax dollars.Also, the rattlesnake hunters have permission from the ranchers to use gasoline on their land so I think the ranchers have a good idea of the situation too.to me legal is a general baseline indicator that something is moral according to Christianity generally.There are lots of exceptions but generally my philosophy that as long its legal its okay. I do disagree with the Texas Parks and Wildlife on some things too so they are not perfect.

I guess Texans are immune to the health risks that result from consuming water contaminated by gasoline?
Because it's a health hazard for the rest of the natural world.

I'm not asking you to just use whatever rule of thumb you prefer, I'm asking you to think critically for a moment:
Is gasoline a health hazard? Yes.
Is gasoline persistent in the environment? Yes.

How can pouring poison into the environment not have potential health consequences for everything that depends on that environment, including people?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う