Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2023, 1:20 pm

It is interesting that several people on this site have a love of snakes, even rattlesnakes. Most NTs seem to view snakes with a great deal of fear. A rattlesnake bit can cause significant damage to the human body. In general I doubt that most people who own rattlesnakes at home, keep them in their natural state. They in my humble opinion, remove their venom or remove their ability to create venom. Rattlesnake venom can be used medically

According to the internetL

Rattlesnake bites are a medical emergency and can be fatal if left untreated. Seek help within half an hour. Left untreated, it can lead to organ failure and death in two to three days.

The venom from the majority of rattlesnake bites will damage tissue and affect your circulatory system by destroying skin tissues and blood cells and by causing you to hemorrhage internally. Most rattlesnake venom is composed mainly of hemotoxic elements.

Other articles describe how rattlesnake venom is producing medical treatments and cures.
Although the toxins in snake venom can hurt humans, they can also be used as medicine. For example, some snake venom affects blood pressure and blood clotting. Scientists can use this snake venom to develop new drugs to treat illnesses. In fact, the proteins in snake venom has been used to treat many conditions. Some examples are cancer, pain, high blood pressure, heart attacks, strokes, Alzheimer's disease, and Parkinson’s disease.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2023, 1:23 pm

Most owners don’t defang the snake.You can attend reptile shows where “ hot” snakes are on display.
You can buy tongs online to safely handle them.
https://tongs.com
Milking snakes pays good.
https://www.jobmonkey.com/uniquejobs/sn ... %242%2C000.