Supporting Member

17 Aug 2007, 6:42 pm

The US Space Programme.

Maeotian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Aug 2007, 6:49 pm

Let's see

Alladdin, The Simpsons, China, Dragonball Z, maps/globes/flags of the world, ZOOM (TV show on PBS channell), Gilligans Island, Nazi Germany.... Thats most of what I can think of.

kuiamalynne
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Aug 2007, 7:03 pm

Road maps and globes, rocks, Antarctica, astronomy, the state of Montana, writing, anything and everything related to ELO/Jeff Lynne

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 7:08 pm

king tut, pinnochio, old keys, doll making, ghosts.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 7:19 pm

Cats-always has been my number one interest

I have always been interested in learning about other cultures as well. At 12 years of age, Greece and Japan fascinated me.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

17 Aug 2007, 7:32 pm

dinosaurs/rocks :D

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 7:45 pm

Mainly electronics and aviation. I didn't move to computers until I was about 17. Then again, they were VERY expensive prior to that. By todays standards the average personal computer was VERY primitive!

Steve

Diamonddavej
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 8:38 pm

Mineral collecting and astronomy - they were mutually exclusive, I would spend a few months on minerals and a few months on astronomy. I'm still into minerals, thus my nick name that was given to me by my classmates in Uni. Here is one of my minerals on Flickr - is is Dioptase from Kazakhstan.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 8:41 pm

Diamonddavej wrote:
Mineral collecting and astronomy - they were mutually exclusive, I would spend a few months on minerals and a few months on astronomy. I'm still into minerals, thus my nick name that was given to me by my classmates in Uni. Here is one of my minerals on Flickr - is is Dioptase from Kazakhstan.

I love Dioptase. They have some locally, but too expensive. I do want some though as I think it is beautiful.

bobert
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2007, 8:52 pm

Reading "Readers Digest", baseball, basketball, native american artifacts, coin collecting, rock collecting, Time Magazine, The Adams Family, Doctor Dolittle books, BB guns. I'm sure that there were a lot more, but that's all I recall.

Diamonddavej
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 9:00 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
I love Dioptase. They have some locally, but too expensive. I do want some though as I think it is beautiful.

If you look around online you're bound to find some quite cheap Dioptase, especially mineral dealers in Europe. I got my Dioptase for only $25 here in Ireland and it would sell for $100 to $200 in the US.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 9:14 pm

Well let's see...

Legos(i'd build a lot of my own model buildings, spacecraft and mecha), Star Trek(especially ships and tech manuels, I designed a few of few of my own too), Final Fantasy games, books on paranormal stuff, creating my own stories, Transformers, and a few girls :D

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 9:19 pm

Ana54 wrote:
I hated Pokemon; all the kids in my elementary school were obsessed with it while I was obsesswed with America's Most Wanted. They worshipped those little monsters! I found it so boring and infantile. Though I didn't tell them. I was a real snob. :D

it was cool as I always had the best cards (just by chance) :lol:

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 9:23 pm

Cats, until I was ridiculed for it enough by my family (why eludes me) that I did everything possible to avoid anything cat-related.

Then medical books, from about the time I was 8. I read them for fun. I still do. We all have a body, might as well know how it all works.

c4r5
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Aug 2007, 9:32 pm

i've collected many Atomic particles :D

if i had any collecting obsessions, i went thro' them fairly quickly too.

my mum said i collected carrier bags, but i'm sure i didn't, it's just easier to squeaze them all into one box than rather than taking a stupid cheap piece of plastic half way across the house to throw it away! i could squeaze a hundred carrier bags into any box, i'm sure! i've seen many more OCD people collecting many more carrier bags than i ever did, or do they call that recycling these days!

everyone has collections of some sort, and could easily be said to be obsessive...

Compact Discs/Records, clothing, shoes, handbags, makeup, ex-boyfriends, STIs(STDs/VD)

:)