Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

wayfarersgirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Aug 2007, 1:43 pm

Collecting shot glasses from around the country, collecting unsharpened pencils, cooking (I called it "experimenting"), The Baby-Sitters Club, Star Trek TNG, and chronic childhood illnesses. I didn't have a chronic childhood illness, but I read up on just about every one in existence.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2007, 1:45 pm

I'm not sure if any of these things counted as "obsessions" (sorry if I offended anyone with the title to the thread :oops: ) but here goes:
ages 4-8 Star Wars
8-12-horses
9- current- reading.
I had quite a few mini-special interests, like reading encyclopedias, then doing book reports on the things that interested me just for fun. Making lists, and categorizing things was another one. As soon as I could read, and write I loved collecting written analysis on different subjects.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 1:48 am

I had them at a very early age. I was obsessed with car washes from the ages of three to six. I begged my parents to take me in the car when they went through the car wash. I was also obsessed with musical instruments, especially drums for several years. Later I became obsessed with volcanic eruptions and other violent natural events.

This lead me to take an interest in storms (about age 7) which eventually lead me to the science of meteorology. I drew fictional weather maps and pictures of clouds with lightning bolts and/or funnels dropping out all the time. I still enjoy drawing diagrams and cloud illistrations. I made an oil painting of a large cumulonimbus cloud for an art class I took in college. Now I'm in graduate school studying atmospheric science. Don't think I could lead a happy life doing anything else.