Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 9:54 pm

The Geneva Convention isn't relevant, you're not acting as part of a uniformed military force.

California criminal law would be what's relevant for you in this context.

Also: https://www.rd.com/list/foods-dogs-cant-eat/

Don't leave poison for the dog, but it would be a shame if your unsafe to share with dogs leftovers were forgotten outside and eaten. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by funeralxempire on 25 Jan 2024, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 9:59 pm

Ask your landlord , whose fence it is.? One cheapo idea . is to get fishing line and stick a couple of post like things
at each end of the offending fence . then run two levels of line approx 6 inches apart running horizontally Higher than the level of the fence ,with the fence . 80 to 100 pound test fishing line . hard to see , easy to run into for a jumping dog . Then soft dog food ..in a bowl .. if nothing else works mix lots of ex lax with soft canned dog food .Lolzzz .. Uhm ? maybe not ?.
Mostly just take a picture ..Regardless , show it to animal control ,anyway .
Best of Luck with the situation, I know you dont need the extra greif in your life...a hug is offered.

where ever you go ,there you are

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 10:06 pm

The fence is an issue and you need to speak to your sister since she is the home owner to negotiate with your neighbour.

I (ironically) have three Chinese neighbours and they have let their trees grow over my house. When I spoke with them they were friendly but politely told me they can't cut (or won't) cut the branches/trees.

My misfortune is local council said they cannot enforce the neighbors to cut the trees and I can't even do it without written permission from them. I spoke with a lawyer and was advised to wait till my property or fence is damaged then claim on insurance.

Perhaps your sister can claim the money to fix the fence with her home insurance to keep the dogs out?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 10:13 pm

cyber dad

last year when the neighbors dogs had the nerve to get into my backyard, i tattled to my sister.

my sister told me that if i bothered her again, she would sell the house i live in.

my minimum wage, part time job does not pay enough $$$ for room and board.

___________________________________________________________________________________

also, i am afraid that if i tattle to the local council or a lawyer or anything like that, the neighbors will take out Whistleblower Revenge* on my worthless corpse by vandalizing my worthless corpse or setting my house on *fire* or anything like that. there are just too many precious lil "people" that live in that house (or appear to live in that house) and there is just one of me.

constantly outnumbered overpowered outsmarted

s**t.

maybe i just have to wait for the dogs to bite me, and the "claim on insurance", like your lawyer told you to do.

beady
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 10:22 pm

Just to recap:
He cannot talk to his sister the landlord or she will throw him out of her house.

Fences are tricky things so I would avoid touching it completely until your sister is motivated by other reasons to do something about it.
Are you in a position to spend a substantial amount of money? If so....
You can build a second fence. It will be closer to your house by 2 feet I'd suggest at least. The fence dimesions will depend on your current situtation. Obviously 8 to 10 feet tall.
Or you can build a sun room or green house that is attached to your house so you can go outside and tend some plants without the dogs being able to get to you.
For much less money, you can defend yourself. I would suggest pepper spray in your hand/attached to your body whenever you venture outdoors.
Also, most dogs are not too keen about a bottle with a sprayer filled with water. Or even a squirt gun. This can give you extra time to get away.
Hopefully your sister doesn't expect you to tend the back garden on a regular basis. You can always hire someone else to do this if your budget allows.
I'm sorry you are in this situation.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 10:35 pm

Recidivist wrote:
Can't verify it but citronella spray can warn off dogs and is a cheap fix, spray it all over the ground and around the hole in your fence. It has also been tested to warn off aggressive dogs and is perfectly harmless to the dog. There are even recipes online to make it yourself.

This.

Do you have to go in the back where the dogs are?
Is your front garden safe?

I'd refuse to go out there, myself.
It's not safe.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 10:42 pm

Jakki wrote:
Ask your landlord , whose fence it is.? One cheapo idea . is to get fishing line and stick a couple of post like things
at each end of the offending fence . then run two levels of line approx 6 inches apart running horizontally Higher than the level of the fence ,with the fence . 80 to 100 pound test fishing line . hard to see , easy to run into for a jumping dog . Then soft dog food ..in a bowl .. if nothing else works mix lots of ex lax with soft canned dog food .Lolzzz .. Uhm ? maybe not ?.
Best of Luck with the situation, I know you dont need the extra greif in your life...a hug is offered.

Exlax would be viewed as intentionally poisoning the dog, if discovered.

Meanwhile options like cherries/plums, avocado skin or grapes are just foods.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 11:10 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Prunes too..? :D

where ever you go ,there you are

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 11:18 pm

Jakki wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Prunes too..? :D

Yes, so long as they've got stones. Apples are dangerous because of their seeds as well. Peach stones are another one.

Onions pose a threat to dogs as well, 1 medium - large onion can cause severe health problems for 1 medium - large dog. Garlic, shallots, chives and leeks all present the same issue.

Xylitol, common in sugar free gums, is another severe hazard.

Hops is toxic to them as well.

Rhubarb is another one, the leaves in particular. Dog owners are advised to fence growing rhubarb to keep their dogs away from it. Of course, someone who doesn't own a dog is under no obligation to do so.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う