Alcohol addiction is ruining my life,

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2023, 3:37 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well at least try to cut down, you really should try to find a hobby outside of going to the pub. I mean I get it you have a routine or whatever but you could change it. I mean do you always really feel like you need the drink or are you just in the habit? and like you could drink less and look into if there are any hobbies you want to do, that could be a thing to distract you from going to the pub so often.

I mean like me and my boyfriend got to drinking too much but we are both working on cutting down. THat said you speak of drinking too many 3.5 beers, me and my boyfriend are drinking like 5.0 and sometimes 6.0 beers and getting carried away with that, so like a few 3.5 beers does not sound like a problem. Seems your main problem is you need some kind of hobby or activity outside the pub. Idk You could try and go for a run, get into bike riding, work on a minature project whether it is something motorized, for a table top game or just fun display item. Idk just does seem like you should find some actvity you like and maybe do that instead of the pub all the time.

I now go to pub once a week instead of twice a week so that is a good start right?