How do I turn off ALL Dm´s on instagram for everyone?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jul 2023, 5:47 am

I've been trying to find how to disable direct messages (DM´s) on instagram completely for everyone (not just strangers), even my own followers, family etc, but that feature doesn't seem to exist which makes me hugely frustrated! I don't want to block people or unfollow them, I just wish Direct messages didn't exist. I want to be able to post my pictures and possibly have comments turned on there but not receive private messages. I have searched all over the internet but can only find how to avoid receiving notifications (I already know that!) and how to put DMs in different baskets, one basket is for new followers and the other is for people you already know. But as I said, I want to deactivate/delete DM completely. Anyone know this? Sorry if my message is rude but I find this so disturbing.

Info: I have followers that I would like them to keep commenting on my pictures and I would like to comment on theirs back. But I don't want the private, intimate contact that DM's involve where people share their problems with me that I don't have the energy to help them with. Don't understand why so many unknown people write to me about private things, just want it general but without me being rude directly to them. Solutions? No I will not completely delete my account either