Page 5 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Rotter
Toucan
Toucan

03 Aug 2023, 8:24 am

cyberdad wrote:
Opinion is not relevant here

Oh really? Well then, in that case, everyone here must stop talking immediately and not write any further messages whatsoever, because opinions are not permitted here. Everything that anyone says is an opinion, therefore if opinions are not permitted, then it's not possible to say anything at all.

Even if someone says, "It's a fact that water boils at 100°C", this "fact" is still an opinion. It's an opinion about what the facts are. And as it so happens, the "fact" that water boils at 100°C is wrong, because in reality the boiling temperature changes depending on altitude or air pressure.

So indeed the facts are opinions. Therefore everyone must shut up now and not write any further messages, because opinions are not permitted here.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2023, 5:28 pm

"Annoyed William Shatner Weighs in on Claims of Government Harboring UFOs"

Quote:
"You mean, some highly intelligent being goes 10,000 light-years with advanced technology, arrives here and hides?" the depressed astronaut told NewsNation. "It doesn’t make any sense."

"If they’re going to make that journey all the way here, it just beggars the imagination that they would hide and make it, like, 'Peekaboo, I’m here, no I’m not,'" he added.
What if they have a directive prohibiting them from telling us?! :alien: An important directive! A prime directive!!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2023, 5:37 pm

Double Retired wrote:
What if . . .
Anything that goes beyond available evidence always seems to start with "What if . . .".

Speculation runs rampant in the minds of UFO fanatics, replacing both reason and understanding.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2023, 6:09 pm

Next you'll suggest "nonhuman biologics" might be some other kind of Earthly biologic.

(Maybe ham sandwich scraps from someone's lunch? Maybe some flies or ants got into it?)

Rotter
Toucan
Toucan

03 Aug 2023, 6:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
Speculation runs rampant in the minds of UFO fanatics, replacing both reason and understanding.

People already know you're correct, but they don't want to admit it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2023, 6:42 pm

Rotter wrote:
Fnord wrote:
People already know you're correct, but they don't want to admit it.
They do not have to admit it, although it would be nice if they would stop posting their fantasies as truths.

I have to wonder . . . If both Cyberdad and Jimmy M are telling the truth, then why have Cyberdad's space aliens NOT warned us about Jimmy M's alleged doom from Betelgeuse?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Rotter
Toucan
Toucan

03 Aug 2023, 6:59 pm

Fnord wrote:
They do not have to admit it, although it would be nice if they would stop posting their fantasies as truths.

I agree with you, but I've noticed that many people just want to argue, fight, or compete. They enjoy it. They will post a message saying their opinion is blah blah, but actually they don't believe their own words, rather they are seeking to start an argument because fighting and competing produces pleasure in the brains of approximately 50%+ of the population.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2023, 7:01 pm

Rotter wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I agree with you, but I've noticed that many people just want to argue, fight, or compete. They enjoy it. They will post a message saying their opinion is blah blah, but actually they don't believe their own words, rather they are seeking to start an argument because fighting and competing produces pleasure in the brains of approximately 50%+ of the population.

Rotter
Toucan
Toucan

03 Aug 2023, 7:03 pm

haha, yeah exactly!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2023, 8:23 pm

Congress (or the US Government) has NOT confirmed space-aliens are real.

Congress, or the government in general, has NOT confirmed extraterrestrial life.  David Grusch told the subcommittee he was sharing his own personal views and opinions, not the Defense Department's. Grusch did not produce hard evidence for his claims.

Read the full story  HERE 

Assumptions are not proof.  Beliefs are not proof.  Insinuations are not proof.  Opinions are not proof.

David Grusch has produced no proof at all, whatsoever to support "his own personal views and opinions".

No alien tech has been confirmed.

Some people will do anything for attention.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2023, 3:55 am

Double Retired wrote:
Next you'll suggest "nonhuman biologics" might be some other kind of Earthly biologic.

(Maybe ham sandwich scraps from someone's lunch? Maybe some flies or ants got into it?)

This is only second time Ive ever heard the term "biologics".

The first time was in dialogue in the movie "Hunt For Red October". Apparently, a long time real term used in Navy anti sub warfare in which sound detection is vital. You have to distinquish sounds made by manmade enemy subs from sounds made by natural living sea creatures. If its the latter you dismiss that noise on the hydrophone as "just a biologic". Apparently now its creeping out of ASW into other areas of Navy-speak, and or military-speak.

Rotter
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2023, 11:11 pm

Fnord wrote:
Some people will do anything for attention.

I agree. It's attention-seeking behavior and the enjoyment of fighting/arguing about anything.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 4:47 am

Rotter wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Opinion is not relevant here

Oh really? Well then, in that case, everyone here must stop talking immediately and not write any further messages whatsoever, because opinions are not permitted here. Everything that anyone says is an opinion, therefore if opinions are not permitted, then it's not possible to say anything at all.

Even if someone says, "It's a fact that water boils at 100°C", this "fact" is still an opinion. It's an opinion about what the facts are. And as it so happens, the "fact" that water boils at 100°C is wrong, because in reality the boiling temperature changes depending on altitude or air pressure.

So indeed the facts are opinions. Therefore everyone must shut up now and not write any further messages, because opinions are not permitted here.

Oh dear, An opinion is a statement that expresses a feeling, an attitude, a value judgment, or a belief.

I am not asking people to change their feelings, attitudes, values or beliefs. I am daring people to think critically by weighing up the evidence without preconceived bias

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 4:50 am

Fnord wrote:
David Grusch has produced no proof at all, whatsoever to support "his own personal views and opinions".

The proof is in the hands of the people Grusch spoke with when he was paid by your tax dollars to investigate UAPs by the government

He is literally divulging what he was asked to do by his employer

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 4:54 am

Fnord wrote:
I have to wonder . . . If both Cyberdad and Jimmy M are telling the truth, then why have Cyberdad's space aliens NOT warned us about Jimmy M's alleged doom from Betelgeuse?

Oh dear, we are back to this Fnord :roll:
Assuming the thousands of witnesses since WWII are telling the truth then Double retired gave you the answer, The prime directive.

The prime directive was the whole basis of Star Trek. Aliens passively observe primitive life forms (like us) without interfering in our affairs but help where they can to make sure we don't destroy ourselves.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 4:58 am

What are you hoping to get out of these conversations?

You do realize that you aren’t going to convince anyone and that people need valid evidence. If undeniable evidence is ever presented, we’ll likely hear it elsewhere and not from you.