12 Aug 2023, 11:18 pm

Why assume an autistic is an incel?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2023, 11:23 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

A lot of incels seem to harbour the delusion that they're hideous and blame a lot of their failings on their physical appearance and on the suitable gender having too high of standards. They overlook more obvious explanations, even if evidence is provided.

Could one of those more obvious explanations actually be autism?

I'd anticipate poor social skills as a result of autism is more likely.

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Sometimes these thoughts become more conspiratorial, where they start buying their own Chad and Stacy talking points about how women actively seek to be cruel to people like them, that they're doing it on purpose, etc, etc.

Well, I think many Aspies in general have had problems with NTs that other NTs can't fathom. Are we all conspiracy theorists? Some NTs may say so, that Autism is all in our heads and isn't real.

Are the NTs all acting in coordination with each other? Believing so would be an example of conspiracy theory type thinking.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 2:42 am

funeralxempire wrote:
I'd anticipate poor social skills as a result of autism is more likely.

But if Autism is the reason for those poor social skills, then Autism is the underlying key factor.

funeralxempire wrote:
Are the NTs all acting in coordination with each other? Believing so would be an example of conspiracy theory type thinking.

Not at all, and I never made any claim indicating so. Please don't be a weasel. This forum is filled with Aspies saying they get along with some NTs, but not others. Yet, both groups, "good" NTs and "bad" NTs seem to get along just fine with each other.

Some NTs are tolerant. Others have prejudices against the neurodivergent. Regardless, the prejudiced ones don't have a problem with the tolerant ones, as they're all NT. It's not that they're "acting in coordination," just that the "bad" NTs are put off by the Aspies, but not their fellow NTs who are more tolerant. The "bad" NT has a problem with the Aspie, but no problem whatsoever with the "good" NT, who doesn't have a problem with either group.

Think of a stereotypical racist redneck. He hates black folks. Now, think of a tolerant white who has no problem with black folks. The racist doesn't have a problem with the tolerant one, as they're both white. They're not "aligned." The "bad" white racist has a problem with blacks, but doesn't have a problem with the non-racist "good" white.

Same holds true for NTs. The problematic ones don't hassle the tolerant ones the way they hassle Aspies. Nothing to do with being in cahoots with each other.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 3:35 am

Are Femcels considered to be autistic too?

Weight Of Memory
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2023, 7:40 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Female incels? I find it difficult to believe such people exist.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 8:10 am

Weight Of Memory wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Women who aren't chosen in the meat market?

Why would they not exist?

Are vaginas the only prerequisite for dating?

https://globalnews.ca/news/9449316/femc ... er-incels/

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 8:57 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I've always wondered why femcel is even a word. Incel in itself as a word seems neutral in terms of gender, but because most incels are seemingly men, or so the common perception goes, there needs to be an alternative word for... femcel?

I have come across Autistic femcels in the past, online, on social media. They are usually hostile seeming.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 9:20 am

I agree that the word Incel should suffice for all genders.

I don't know anyone who has identified with the word femcel, to my awareness, but it stands to reason they would exist and for good reason, imo.

Women who aren't considered pretty, sexy, or "hot" enough for a second look from men would likely top the list. That could mean they are over- or under-weight, they're awkward, autistic, reclusive, too smart, too rich (you're a snob!), too poor (you're a redneck!), too tall, too loud, too meek, too boring, too weird, too traumatised, too masculine, too non-binary, too asexual, too studious, too outspoken, too successful, too lazy, too needy, too independent, too political, or in some cases not political enough. Maybe these women refuse to play the game of being valued for their genitals. Maybe they refuse to have relationships with men who promote a false narrative about people with vaginas being callous, self-centred, narcissistic, gold-digging man-haters who have their own lives instead of falling at their feet for attention?

Maybe it's something like that.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 12:33 pm

Weight Of Memory wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

They do exist, for sure.

Not to denigrate feminists or anything, but I've met a few femcels who were feminists, also. And they seemed to be misandrists.

Weight Of Memory
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2023, 6:04 pm

A female incel needs to:

1. Really want sex, but be very picky about who she'll have sex with. This alone is a rare combination.

It's easier for unattractive women to get laid than unattractive men. Women rarely lack potential suitors. I've even known of guys who would have one night stands with normally undesirable women due to intoxication or out of a weird form of malice.

The incel strategy of trading niceness for sex also seems a much more effective strategy for women than men.

2. Be strictly hetero. I think most women who could fall into the incel trap, especially hostility towards the opposite sex, will just end up with another women.

3. Be unsatisfied with artificial alternatives. I've met women who are quite satisfied with the alternative, almost to the point of preferring it to the real thing.

4. Lots of women are already neurotic about their appearance even if they have no trouble getting a man. Unlike incel men who often try to do weird stuff to make themselves physically attractive, there is a huge industry of cosmetics, plastic surgery, etc for a self-conscious woman to attempt to become more attractive.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 6:16 pm

^ Woah! There's a lot to unpack here.

First of all, I don't think that this is true.

Quote:
1. Really want sex, but be very picky about who she'll have sex with. This alone is a rare combination.
In my experience, that's not rare at all. It's pretty normal.

I don't this is true, either:
Quote:
It's easier for unattractive women to get laid than unattractive men.
It's against the rules to claim that one sex "has it easier" by the way.

Baseless assumption:
Quote:
2. Be strictly hetero. I think most women who could fall into the incel trap, especially hostility towards the opposite sex, will just end up with another women.

Quote:
4. Lots of women are already neurotic about their appearance even if they have no trouble getting a man. Unlike incel men who often try to do weird stuff to make themselves physically attractive, there is a huge industry of cosmetics, plastic surgery, etc for a self-conscious woman to attempt to become more attractive.
Lots of men are neurotic about their appearance as well and do specific things to try to make themselves appear more attractive, like lift weights, wear cologne, diet, or do strange things with their hair.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 6:18 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Weight Of Memory wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

They do exist, for sure.

Not to denigrate feminists or anything, but I've met a few femcels who were feminists, also. And they seemed to be misandrists.

I suppose some of them could be, whether it's based on previous experiences or based on the rhetoric and misogyny they hear from Team Incel.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 6:22 pm

Maybe I should change my signature to: Practically a Femcel. :lol:

Or: TwilightPrincess - a Femcel Fembot.

I'm very picky about who I have sex with after all.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 6:46 pm

Weight Of Memory wrote:
A female incel needs to:

Well let's see. Considering they are generally considered smaller and weaker than men (stereotype but often true), and considering their bodies get penetrated and sometimes injured in sex, considering they can fall pregnant and be denied the right to abortion or parental anonymity which men have enjoyed since the dawn of time, considering they must worry about slut-shaming or being called liars if they report SA, considering many men think they're all gold-diggers and walking vaginas with unimportant emotional needs, and considering they often get dumped after one-night stands since they'll have an unlimited number of caring yet studly suitors waiting in the wings, it's actually pretty smart for them to be picky.

Wanting sex and wanting good sex involving trust, communication, and respect from a person with integrity, are two different things. Wanting good sex in the context of a committed relationship with someone who doesn't invalidate them as drive-thru vaginas is another level altogether.

Weight Of Memory wrote:
It's easier for unattractive women to get laid than unattractive men. Women rarely lack potential suitors. I've even known of guys who would have one night stands with normally undesirable women due to intoxication or out of a weird form of malice.

Yes. It's a lot easier for women to get laid than men. Women get laid in all sorts of places, when they don't even want it, even if they're conventionally unattractive, or old, or pre-pubescent girls. Women get laid by their partners when they aren't in the mood, and by casual acquaintances or partygoers who film it for sport. Women rarely lack potential suitors who see their picture online and decide they're good wanking material, and men who will date them no-questions-asked whether they have anything in common or not. They even get the attention of misfits online who harass and stalk them to the extent that they're sometimes afraid for their lives. That "weird form of malice" is often there, especially from misogynists who hate them and call women gold-diggers, or attribute hateful attributes to half the world's population while simultaneously wanting to shag them. It's really fun.

*This is not all men, but your comment didn't acknowledge any of these important issues.

Weight Of Memory wrote:
The incel strategy of trading niceness for sex also seems a much more effective strategy for women than men.

I don't know what this means.

Weight Of Memory wrote:

Just to clarify:

Are you suggesting that protecting oneself and having standards about sex is a "trap"?

I'm not sure if you're referring to an Incel (male) trap or a femcel (female) trap?

How is it a trap to be upset by the social sexism which has caused these problems in the first place?

Also, do you mean to say that lesbians are actually just spiteful women, trying to punish men?

Weight Of Memory wrote:

3. Be unsatisfied with artificial alternatives. I've met women who are quite satisfied with the alternative, almost to the point of preferring it to the real thing.

And many men will pay to watch that. What's your point?

Ever heard of whacking off? Men have done it for millennia. How shameful. They must hate women.

Weight Of Memory wrote:

Lolollllllllll

I'm not even going there.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 6:54 pm

Weight Of Memory wrote:

I've prefered "artificial alternatives" but only because I've not had a decent lover.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 7:00 pm

^

I used to like artificial sweeteners but they gave me Purpura.