A colleague I worked with suddenly passed away

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2023, 6:16 pm

On Tuesday I received the awful news that a colleague called Angela I knew and worked with for 7 years had died. I got told in the office upon arriving for work and I just couldn't believe what I was hearing and for about an hour I took some time out to adjust. I did get quite upset and I tried to carry on as usual but it was hard to work and not think about. We still don't know what happened though, she was out with her husband in London, went to the theatre and then at a restaurant she complained of breathing difficulties and then collapsed and the emergency services were called and couldn't resuscitate her but we did find out that she did have a collapsed lung, I also do know she had asthma and recently had complained of being sometimes out of breath. She was only 50. She was a lovely person to work with and talk with and she will be missed by me and my other colleagues. I was told that this will take time adjust to with her not being there anymore. Another colleague told me that she didn't suffer and that at least she was out with a loving husband and was doing what she loved doing and living life. May Angela Rest in Peace. X

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2023, 8:01 pm

Sorry to hear. About five months ago we were checking on my Dads and Grandmothers graves which are near each other and I noticed a new grave further over so I went to have a look as it had a temporary wooden cross, and it was an ex. railworker friend I knew. I was rather shocked so I went to call into see his lady friend partner but no answer. Went back a few times but no one seemed to be in, so I assumed she had gone to London as she had family there (London is over 200 miles away).
Then on another occasion about a month later we checked on the graves again as we would not beable to visit them for a while, and while passing I went to check that friends grave and his partners name was also on it as well as she had also passed away. I was shocked!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2023, 10:29 pm

How very tragic, Chris.

My condolences. It's such a sad story. Her husband must be devastated. :(

delvian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2023, 8:39 am

So sorry for your loss. Everything you're feeling is normal. Such a sudden, unexpected loss is a horrible shock to come to terms with. I'm sure Angela would have been very touched if she knew just how deeply her loss would affect you. It sounds like you were very lucky to get to work with such a lovely colleague. Don't feel bad if you struggle for a while, this pain is hard but also important. If you can allow yourself to feel it, you'll get through it all the better. Wishing you well :heart:

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2023, 11:36 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
How very tragic, Chris.

My condolences. It's such a sad story. Her husband must be devastated. :(

He is, it must be hard for him right now. I think they were married for 20 years. I'm not sure.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2023, 11:52 am

Sorry man, that happened to a colleague of mine too. I know how it feels. :(

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jul 2023, 6:21 pm

I know how that feels, as it's happened at my job as well.