Oppenheimer VS Barbie: Which One Would You Watch First?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which One Is More Appealing to You that You Will Watch First?
Oppenheimer 34%  34%  [ 11 ]
Barbie 25%  25%  [ 8 ]
I Will Try to See Both Barbie and Oppenheimer regardless as a Double Feature or Not 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Neither 34%  34%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 32

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2023, 3:25 pm

IMO, Oppenheimer first.

If I feel awful after watching Oppenheimer, I will watch Barbie to try and feel better. 8)

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2023, 3:34 pm

Oppenheimer

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2023, 4:48 pm

My NT sister also says she will try to watch Oppenheimer, despite the fact it is three hours long.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2023, 5:00 pm

I'm really looking forward to seeing Oppenheimer to the point I'll go see it in a cinema and I don't do that much these days.

Barbie, that's a pass for me.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2023, 5:02 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
My NT sister also says she will try to watch Oppenheimer, despite the fact it is three hours long.

Our mom has no interest wanting to watch Oppenheimer and Barbie.

She says that Oppenheimer is a war movie with lots of blood and Barbie is a movie for little girls.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2023, 2:53 am

Oppenheimer.

I see Barbie like everything else has been politicized. It is said to be misandry propaganda. I am not entering that conversation because I have no intention of seeing that movie because I never played with Barbies as a child I played with Army Men.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2023, 3:20 am

I get the impression that Oppenheimer is a downer, and that Barbie is light fluff (though it maybe oddly politicized fluff). So I guess ...seeing Oppenheimer first would be the way to go!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2023, 3:40 am

Our mom has no interest wanting to watch Oppenheimer and Barbie.

She says that Oppenheimer is a war movie with lots of blood and Barbie is a movie for little girls.

You should inform her that she is HUGELY mistaken about "Oppenheimer". Its not a "war movie" in the usual sense. Its a move set during wartime, but there is no combat in it. No battlefields in it.

In fact (as I understand it) it tells basically the same story as "the Imitation Game" which portrays Alan Turing. Like Alan Turing (who broke the Enigma code), Oppenheimer was a genius who did something to help the war effort by doing science far away from the battlefield. And like Turing he was later persecuted.

Actually she is probably also wrong about Barbie. Its supposed to be social satire (again- thats my impression-havent seen either movie). It IS big with grown woman who are nostalgic about Barbie ...apparently. But the movie seems to have dark undertones...not suited for little girls.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jul 2023, 9:45 pm

I don't wanna see either but I guess if I had to pick one it would be Barbie because it seems sooo unintentionally awful that I might find it very funny.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2023, 9:49 pm

Oppenheimer VS Barbie: Which One Would You Watch First?
Uhh . . . tough choice . . .

I think I would rather watch "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie" all over movie again.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2023, 10:14 pm

I had a ticket to see Barbie last week but I was sick.
My daughter saw it and loved it.
She said it's based on a reverse Adam and Eve story.

I don't know the other movie.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2023, 12:14 am

There is a blooper in this one Oppenheimer scene set in 1945.  Can you spot it?

In 1945, the American flag featured 48 stars, as Alaska and Hawaii had not yet become US states.  It was not until July 4, 1960 that a 50-star flag was first flown in the US.

:lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2023, 3:03 am

I don't follow new movies at all. I wait until the dust settles and see what the critics say, even if I disagree with critics. Best movie I watched lately was 1997's The Apostle. I had low expectations but the movie blew me away.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 12:03 am

I want to see the barbie movie, but will likely wait till I can watch it on streaming. That said I have no interest in Oppenheimer, like idk f**k the atomic bomb I don't really want to spend two hours on the as*hole that invented that awful thing. But that is just my opinion I am not saying 'cancel' the other movie I just don't care about seeing it. Wheras I am slightly more interested in seeing the barbie movie.

I liked barbie dolls growing up, was probably less fond of the atomic bomb. Chances are though I may cirlcle back around to oppenheimer but I see no need to see that movie and barbie back to back to compare as they are totally different genres. One seems like a historical drama which for me I need to be in the mode to watch something like that whearas the barbie seems like a more just ridiclous fun movie one could enjoy. Of course, I have not seen either yet so I don't know for sure.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 1:00 am

IMO, Oppenheimer first.

If I feel awful after watching Oppenheimer, I will watch Barbie to try and feel better. 8)

Hmm maybe that is the way to do it, either way I am waiting till they're on streaming or streaming rental I mean I have a nice enough t.v and microwave popcorn with extra butter flavor. The next thing I plan on going to the theater for is the next Dune movie.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 6:23 am

Fnord wrote:
There is a blooper in this one Oppenheimer scene set in 1945.  Can you spot it?

In 1945, the American flag featured 48 stars, as Alaska and Hawaii had not yet become US states.  It was not until July 4, 1960 that a 50-star flag was first flown in the US.

:lol:

Wild guess. The amount of stars on the flags. Each star on the American flag represents a state. In 1945 Hawaii and Alaska had not yet become states so any flag that does not have 48 stars is in error.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman