Why does the hustle culture appeal to people ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2023, 4:20 pm

I remember someone telling me that some people just want the ''easy life'' and go out straight into work, and work hard to achieve what they want to achieve. One example I keep reminding myself of is from Steven Bartlett's Happy Sexy Millionaire book in which he explains when he was 18, he wrote a list of things he wanted to do by 25. 1) To become a multi millionaire by 25, 2) Get a nice car, 3) Do more work on his body image and 4) to attract a girl. Some of these things he achieved including becoming a multi millionaire but explains how not all these things are attainable and bring self-fulfilment. To be honest becoming a millionaire doesn't really excite me unless I went on TV's Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? if it was still on and won it. I also seem little interest in what my car looks like as it doesn't look particularly fancy as its just a ford fiesta and isn't a fancy Porsche and it doesn't seem to make me feel any more content, fulfilled or important than when I didn't drive and own my own car. I also seem to think that some people like the likes of Andrew Tate advocate these things to men as though that that is the way men ''have'' to be.

I do sometimes feel quite bad because one of these people who just wanted to get out there and make it big, as I said before I never felt like I wanted to set up my own business. I did business studies at school but didn't find it particularly interesting. I didn't go straight into a job straight after leaving school, college or uni except for some voluntary work I did before I went to uni. The thing is now that I am working and earning money, I appreciate it more and sometimes it makes me look back and think sometimes ''Why didn't I go straight into this job after leaving school or college?''.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2023, 7:16 pm

chris1989 wrote:
I remember someone telling me that some people just want the ''easy life'' and go out straight into work, and work hard to achieve what they want to achieve. One example I keep reminding myself of is from Steven Bartlett's Happy Sexy Millionaire book in which he explains when he was 18, he wrote a list of things he wanted to do by 25. 1) To become a multi millionaire by 25, 2) Get a nice car, 3) Do more work on his body image and 4) to attract a girl. Some of these things he achieved including becoming a multi millionaire but explains how not all these things are attainable and bring self-fulfilment. To be honest becoming a millionaire doesn't really excite me unless I went on TV's Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? if it was still on and won it. I also seem little interest in what my car looks like as it doesn't look particularly fancy as its just a ford fiesta and isn't a fancy Porsche and it doesn't seem to make me feel any more content, fulfilled or important than when I didn't drive and own my own car. I also seem to think that some people like the likes of Andrew Tate advocate these things to men as though that that is the way men ''have'' to be.

I do sometimes feel quite bad because one of these people who just wanted to get out there and make it big, as I said before I never felt like I wanted to set up my own business. I did business studies at school but didn't find it particularly interesting. I didn't go straight into a job straight after leaving school, college or uni except for some voluntary work I did before I went to uni. The thing is now that I am working and earning money, I appreciate it more and sometimes it makes me look back and think sometimes ''Why didn't I go straight into this job after leaving school or college?''.

You can be a multi-millionaire someday but most likely not in your 20's.Just invest 20 percent of your income in the stock market preferable a index fund. The Typical Millionaire drives a modest car like a Ford or Honda or Toyota and not a exotic sports car.Most people you see that are living the rich life are just keeping up with the Joneses with mountains of consumer debt.You could easily be a millionaire by the time you are 60.However if you want to be rich in your youth you will need to have a small business of some sort.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2023, 7:40 am

Maybe it appeals to employers.